7.1 Onkyo 606/Denon 2500BT/pioneer 428xd

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Some advice would be welcome, i have just added 2 additional eggs without any research and sat down today to install, so after a short while have 7.1 surround set up, however i am difficulty getting sound out of all 7 speakers at the same time, i dont seem able to have 7.1 on Batman Begins(true hd), i can mess with the listening modes and have managed all 7 but i think these are some sort of processed stuff(neo.......etc), is it possible to watch a true hd or master audio and listen to a pure form with the equipment i have, or have i misunderstood what is possible.

Thanks in advance. 

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think this has been raised here before - it appears that very few BDs/DVDs have 7 channel surround, so you'll probably need to use one of the extra modes to make use of them. I recently added a couple of small Kef 'eggs' when I changed my amp, but I think the only time I've heard anything from is when I've set them up with the test tones!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I also upgraded from a 5.1 to a 7.1 set up recently as I just presumed most blu rays would have 7.1 audio.
As been said there ain't too many 6.1 or 7.1 PCM/True HD/Master Audio soundtracks about at the moment i've had a look through my own blu ray collection and out of 64 films only 4, Xmen 3 6.1MA, War 7.1PCM, Hellboy 2 & The Condemned 7.1MA are not 5.1 soundtracks.
For Dvd playback I now leave my amp on dts neo or dolby pro logic 11x to get 7.1 sound from a 5.1 source (as in the manual) but for Blu Ray playback I always select the best audio available on the disk.

Hope this helps

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
When watching dvd or blu-ray i always have my amp set to Dolby EX and that gives me 7.1 sound.

panasonic 50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic dmr-ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / kef 1000.2 sub.

A

Anonymous

I just watch DVD / Blu Ray in whatever sound format is provided.... if it has a 7.1 sound track I use it, if it doesn't then I don't add any processing.

In addition to the above the following titles in my collection have 7.1 soundtracks :

3:10 To Yuma
Dark City
W. (Dubbyah)
Narnia : Prince Caspian

And the folliwng have 6.1 soundtracks :

The Descent

TRENDING THREADS