NOT GETTING DOLBY TRUE HD LITE ON ONKYO HT-R590 RECEIVER.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
sameersuleman said:
Dear All- My problem still persists. I was wondering,is it possible that the reason i am not getting HD sound/lite on is because i am not using HDMI cable connection to the TV ?? From the onkyo my hdmi out is empty and not going into the tv.This is because i havent got a hd tv as yet.

I ask this because i tried connecting a diffrent bd player LG this time and still not getting the dolby true hd or dts hd sound.

Thanks for your views.

Rgds,

SAMEER.

As memory serves, some Blu-ray players only output HD audio if they're also set to output 1080p video. So this could indeed be the issue.

sameersuleman

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
guys,

tried removing the red and white cables but no diiference,still not getting the hd lites on.Also yes my hdmi cable is in #1 whre bluray in should be.

Also reset the blue ray and the receiver and still get pcm multichanel output .

sameersuleman

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Dear All

YES ! GOT IT/SORTED. Thanks very much for all your guidance.I borrowed an HD tv and with the correct settings got the lites up and also i am getting much crispier sound now.

And guess what .........on disconnecting the HDMI from the tv I still get the HD Sound with old tv as didnt disconnect hdmi cable from AV out and didnt do any changes in the settings. Also noticed an HD illumination on the bdp-s370 player which was not on previously. Again..... thanks alot and must admit that i learnt alot in the process of sorting out the issue.

B/Rgds,

SAMEER.

TRENDING THREADS