50 is not enough (or Life after 50)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After almost buying the P50G10 and then the P50G20 plasmas, I think I have almost come to the conclusion that 50 is not enough. The 50 market is saturated with products as is the pre 50 zone, but after 50 it gets a bit more difficult to judge imo. And I should say 65 is too much, what is there after 50 that is as good as the P50G20, I have seen some Sony and Samsung in the post 50 region, but not clear that they are good enough. I have wanted Plasma all the way, do new LEDs do better? I want to watch HD Sky mainly.

A

Anonymous

Fingers crossed that Panasonic might re-introduce a 58" on the second wave of tv's later this year which we did last year but no plans yet if we will.

M

A

Anonymous

Yes I noticed that UK didnt get some of the bigger Panasonic Plasmas. But what can we do here.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Once they see the demand for it, or their competiton releasing larger screens here, they'll soon follow suit.

It is weird how about 6/7 years ago or so, everyone was buying 42's and you couldn't sell a 50 for toffee. Then we found a few years ago that no one wanted 42 any more, and were selling 50's like they were going out of fashion! I'm sure the time will come shortly when people start buying 55+ as standard....

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
It is weird how about 6/7 years ago or so, everyone was buying 42's and you couldn't sell a 50 for toffee.

And how much were 50" plasmas 6/7 years ago? I think more than toffee.

A

Anonymous

So bigger than 50 are becoming affordable, but where to go?
The Panasonics are almost out of the market, so what is the Plasma choice in the over 50 range?

Does anyone have a larger than 50 screen
Samsung PS58C6800?
LG 60PS8000?

Are these up to Panasonic G20 or V20 ability? My sense is no, in which case where does one go for quality after 50 inch other than waiting for Panasonic to start selling their larger range in the small tv market of the UK?

A

Anonymous

The new 60" LG screens ( PK250 / PK590 ) are impressive screens considering the price they cost ( £1150 --£1300 :eek: )ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts