admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:help: Hi I have been looking to buy a new tv, I want 55 inch and also 3d.

Looked at, samsung ue55es8000, lg 55lm860v, lg 55lm960v, Sony kdl55hx853, please help if you can.

it will be connected to my virgin TiVo pioneer vsx920 amp and Bose accouistmas 15 surround sound.

thanks phil.

D

Deleted member 2457

phil adlo said:
:help: Hi I have been looking to buy a new tv, I want 55 inch and also 3d.

Looked at, samsung ue55es8000, lg 55lm860v, lg 55lm960v, Sony kdl55hx853, please help if you can.

it will be connected to my virgin TiVo pioneer vsx920 amp and Bose accouistmas 15 surround sound.

thanks phil.

No Panasonic plasma! Surely not?
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

phil adlo said:
Well I'm not sure what TV I want??

Well, I would add the Panasonic 55ST50 and Panasonic 55VT50 to your list then, because they are arguably the best TVs around.

A

Anonymous

Going to demo the panasonic p55vt50b against samsung ue55es8000?

D

Deleted member 2457

phil adlo said:
Going to demo the panasonic p55vt50b against samsung ue55es8000?

Yep, good choices. The Panasonic has great black levels that you will see.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello phil adlo,

I hope you don't mind my partly hijacking your thread to point out that last night, Monday 3rd December, the Gadget Show on Channel 5 reviewed two of the TVs that you list, plus the Panasonic TX-P55VT50, all 55 inch and with 3D. You can see the 6-minute clip on the Channel 5 website via Demand 5, or here

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/videos/gadget-test/christmas-high-end-tvs

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Hello phil adlo,

I hope you don't mind my partly hijacking your thread to point out that last night, Monday 3rd December, the Gadget Show on Channel 5 reviewed two of the TVs that you list, plus the Panasonic TX-P55VT50, all 55 inch and with 3D. You can see the 6-minute clip on the Channel 5 website via Demand 5, or here

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/videos/gadget-test/christmas-high-end-tvs

Typical GS rigour, then. No effort at calibration (at least as far as I can tell) and strange that they pick the TV with clear washing out of the image off-axis, and issues with motion, too.

As always, the OP should audition the TVs in question, though the 55ST50 runs the VT50 very close in terms of performance in all areas at a very reasonable price. I think the ST50 is a must audition (and possibly the 50GT50, if the OP can live with a slightly smaller screen).

A

Anonymous

strapped for cash said:
As always, the OP should audition the TVs in question, though the 55ST50 runs the VT50 very close in terms of performance in all areas at a very reasonable price. I think the ST50 is a must audition (and possibly the 50GT50, if the OP can live with a slightly smaller screen).

I too, am in the market for a new 3D Plasma TV (along with Blu ray, Amplifier and Speaker package).

The Panasonic Plasma is very reliable (I currently have a 42") and I will be upgrading to one of their 50" sets very soon.

The reason for my post - The VT is Panasonic's "Flagship" range, next comes the GT, followed by the ST. As has been said, the ST and GT run the VT very closely. The only downfall (for the OP) is that the GT has a maximum size of 50", but it was What HiFi's best 48"-52" TV in their 2012 awards

A

Anonymous

All 3 of Sony's HX653 series won their respective classes in What Hi-Fi's 2012 awards. The 40" version was their overall TV of the year and the 55" won the 55" category (funnily enough). I've just bought the 46" version and am very happy with it. Outstanding picture! Whilst it's true that decent plasmas offer better contrasts, the HX853s are meant to have run them closer than any other LCD/LEDs, to date. In most other respects LCD/LEDs tend to be superior to plasmas. Of course this is dependent on model but as a general rule this tends to be the case.

Codex77 said:
In most other respects LCD/LEDs tend to be superior to plasmas. Of course this is dependent on model but as a general rule this tends to be the case.

Not really. That's a salesman talk! Look closer, & you'll know plasmas are no inferior to LEDs / LCDs. :)

Plasmas generally have faster refresh rate, natural rendition of colours, better motion control without the need for artificial processing, better rendition of shapes within blacks etc. although Modern LCD / LEDs are getting better with each generation.

The bottomline is, buy the best TV to your eyes, regardless of technology. It's fast becoming old fashioned to slate a technology over the other!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Plasmas generally have faster refresh rate, natural rendition of colours, better motion control without the need for artificial processing, better rendition of shapes within blacks etc. although Modern LCD / LEDs are getting better with each generation.

The bottomline is, buy the best TV to your eyes, regardless of technology. It's fast becoming old fashioned to slate a technology over the other!

Agreed. Some find issues with posterisation on plasma displays more irritating than LCD/LED television motion shortcomings.

Personally I find plasma motion issues more tolerable than LCD/LED blurring, but the so-called 50Hz bug persists with Panasonic plasma televisions, even if the issue has become less obvious with each successive generation (and of course this is only a problem with 50Hz content).

A

Anonymous

I think some of those comparisons are extremely out of date, tbh. Using similar 'logic' I could state that plasmas are subject to burn-in and don't last as long, as a result... etc. ;) :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts