ULED is here

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
well we had OLED QLED *TCL " cheapy. Now its ULED does this mean everything else is "old hat " Now a 85 inch Hisense mini LED ULED price is not said but suspect it will be over £2500 . When will this stop ,all these new things coming out. Feel sorry for anyone who just paid £2000 for a Sony ,only to find out Hisense has a LED ULED mini , out already off course it is 8k and god knows what else. There is no doubt they are after the top end market. is this a mistake ??? Time will tell ,will it not ??
The problem is that as soon as you buy something now it is out of date But do we need 8k 16k TV sets ? Who in Europe transmits in 8K answer no one Yes in Japan i believe they do . For gamers would be better to get a dedicated games monitor instead would it not ??
The battlefield in top of the range tvs does appear to be between LG vs Samsung vs Sony Well now a cheeky Hisense has just given a broadside against them , will they respond ? and how long will it take ??
Think i stick top my TCL £250 which has now gone up in price . Note look at the TCL 55 inch QLED ?

podknocker

There are many new panel technologies and until it's settled down a bit, I'm not even thinking of buying a new TV. There's OLED, QLED and now MicroLED and the pace of change is putting me off spending £1400 on a Sony XR48A90KU, because I just know something better will be out next year. It's great having improvements, but I think many people are waiting to see if one standard finally emerges and becomes the most reliable technology to buy into. You then have several panel processing methods, HLG, Dolby, HDR10 and HDR10+ etc. It's all a bit chaotic these days and I don't think there's a TV range, from any company, which has everything currently out there and ticks all the tech boxes. I think 4k is over the top, unless you are buying a huge TV, but this is now the current standard. I have no interest in 8k, or above. I do like Sony, using LG panels. The quality does seem to be better and the sound quality and design are nicer. If I ever buy a new TV, it must be a sheet of glass I can clean easily, with the panel beneath it, as opposed to a treated panel, with the bezel etc. I do like the completely flat surface designs. I don't know if Sony still does this. Not been into a TV shop for 2 years to check. I'll make to with my Dell laptop, for the time being.

Last edited:

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Relax Flash - Hisense have used the term ULED for a while now. Just their way of marketing a suite of technologies they use. Mini LED is the most interesting advancement in LCD teles I think in recent years. Still rocking my plasma though!

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Relax Flash - Hisense have used the term ULED for a while now. Just their way of marketing a suite of technologies they use. Mini LED is the most interesting advancement in LCD teles I think in recent years. Still rocking my plasma though!
My 50 inch 3D PLASMA still in every day use 2011 model Panasonic. Mini LED ? well not for me for years at least . MINI LED here today gone tomorrow ,remember the curved screens how long did they last until they found there was a massive design fault on them

Unless TV companies come up with something new every year, you’re unlikely to change your TV. They need you to change your TV every year. Many of them are huge global companies that require year on year growth (on top of rising costs), and any downturn, even if they’re still bringing in billions, could force a company to shut down the division. Look at Apple worrying over the low sales of the iPhone 14 - similar situation. This year, big tech companies are going to be bricking it…

Sad though that these companies are always trying to produce something new before they’ve even matured the current technology they’re using.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Unless TV companies come up with something new every year, you’re unlikely to change your TV. They need you to change your TV every year. Many of them are huge global companies that require year on year growth (on top of rising costs), and any downturn, even if they’re still bringing in billions, could force a company to shut down the division. Look at Apple worrying over the low sales of the iPhone 14 - similar situation. This year, big tech companies are going to be bricking it…

Sad though that these companies are always trying to produce something new before they’ve even matured the current technology they’re using.
yes and they are in need of cash .which is in short supply , if what there WHO say about COVID 19 is true . 80% of the population in some countries in far east . That is a huge number , over one year. This has to affect the manufacturers in a big way . No production means no income and no swift changes of models to try and outdo the opposition in Countries that do not have a COVID problem. Aple themselves are in a very bad position , they have all of there eggs in the same basket . Be it mini LED LED LCD OLED QLED ULED ( hold on that sounds like ULEZ to me Is there a connection ???) Jokes aside. All these new 2023 models when exactly are they coming out Amazon is still selling 2020 and 2022 models would be a good idea sell these off quickly first ??? Which is good for me with the TCL 50 inch 2022. The 2023 model is a cracker , if you can get it

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Very true. Also tech companies need to keep up with the stupidly fast pace that modern tech advances in so they need to release something new every 5 minutes or they will be toady's must buy from tech companies and tomorrow's (and I really do mean tomorrow's) we don't care about you.
Commodore, Polaroid, kodak, Palm and Iomega were some of the biggest companies of yesteryear but are not here today because they did not keep up with the stupidly fast pace that tech advances in and were left behind overnight.

Reactions: WayneKerr

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Yes Mr Reaper then again those companies did not have COVID to deal with , did they ? And fast pace is not one thing likely to be able to do. More like snails pace. And by the way how many we have working today . If only we opened factories abroad ? We would not have this COVID problem again . This could affect a whole years production of the new model and spiral prices of older models mmm

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes Mr Reaper then again those companies did not have COVID to deal with , did they ? And fast pace is not one thing likely to be able to do. More like snails pace. And by the way how many we have working today . If only we opened factories abroad ? We would not have this COVID problem again . This could affect a whole years production of the new model and spiral prices of older models mmm
Covid does not stop people working from home and talking to your co workers though video chat. Covid did not last that long and most people were only kept at home for a short time. Covid was able to sped to quickly because of the freedom to travel to anywhere on planet Earth quickly thanks to airplanes and some countries governments not talking Covid as seriously as they first should of. Nothing to do with tech companies having factories aboard. If Tech companies had no factories aboard Covid still would of speed just as fast as it did due to everything I just said.

Fail to keep up with the stupidly fast pace that tech advances in as a tech company and your end up like Blackberry (the largest smartphone company in the world in the early 2000's) and other tech companies like them no matter how big your bank balance is today. Covid or no Covid. Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

james78

Feb 18, 2023
Visit site
ULED or Ultra LED is used by Hisense to refer to Ultra Wide Colour Gamut, Ultra Local Dimming, Ultra 4K Resolution and Ultra Smooth Motion Rate. It's a term used for a collection of technology patents. You'll find that ULED TVs are brighter, more detailed and boast a broad collection of colours onscreen.
Check: https://bitdifference.com/uled-vs-oled/

Last edited:

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
i get got confused with ULEZ here ( something no one in London wants ) Just another Gimmick to sell more TVs . Ultra everything and a Ultra price to match . But how much "real" improvement on the 4k Hitachi /Panasonic in 2012 with 4k and 3 D and picture in picture and a massive hz something like over 600 plus . Soon al this be for the bin when the ultra "yes" think screens , that can be cut to almost any size come on sale . But for now i keep my 3D 1080P Panasonic plasma as my number 2 tv. If only PLASMA tvs stil made ? But a certain Country kin the far east has never made them i wonder why?? And if Pioneer still made the Kuro "made in the UK" how far in development would they have gone ? I suspect it would have been 8k 3D real blacks lighter and use less power , not to relie on elecltonic tricks to get it .

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
How many more different acronyms are there going to be, for what is still an LCD panel?
There is only one PLASMA thats not all shiny and new and probably would still now be here if it was not cheaply made LCD new inventions for the same thing Back in thew day ie 1980/90ss we had only two names Sony and the others . Sony made the best TVs and Pioneer made the biggest TVs the mighty rear projection 40/50 inch TVs. I saw one of those up for sale in a Charity shop about 8 years back £100 buyer collect in person make a great rectro games machine today Strangely enough those Sonys still come up for sale ie 28 inch "as new" but want silly prices for them someone said you can not reinvent the wheel problem is they try to reinvent it just to get people to buy them. ie nice colours and big letters New improved lots of new letters like zed red and wled wow love the last one "this is the greatest invention on the same thing it is called the "W L E D Known also as the WLCD plus . So what we do now is increase the price by £300 and say we reduced the price by £200 if you buy now we give you ( still keeping the £300) Get some famous footballer like "Putin" sorry yes he is not a footballer is he ? Then make splash headlines

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts