3D Backward compatibility

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks

I'm sure I'm not the only one but the whole 3D saga is really getting to me. No sooner do I get myself a new screen (a Pioneer KRP500a that I saved for ages to get hold of
emotion-4.gif
) and the tech starts going in a totally different direction.

Can anyone tell me if there is even a glimmer of hope that "old" non 3D tv's could be made to display 3D via an A/V amp with the required picture processing? Is it even possible?

A

Anonymous

slewis:No.

I think you need to cut back on the waffle and make your replies more succinct.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

id say its unlikely , but you never know , heres a link to a recent thread about the topic ..

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
can't see it myself as not in their interest they want you to buy new kit

think its all part of a new con - in the past most ppl prob kept there tvs until they died as no need to upgrade as tech was pretty much the same with CRT unless you wanted different sizes my mum and dad had same old tv for 15+ years till recently

then there was hd ready then full hd now 3d tv thats 3 new set in the last 5 years for the unlucky early adopters - i'm guessing tv sales have gone through the roof!!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't think it's a con, it's just the inevitable consequence of flat screen technology taking over from CRT. Did anyone ever see an HD CRT? They DID exist, Samsung briefly sold a 32" one, it was massive. Flat screen's solve that problem, size is no longer and issue. If you take the view that HD isn't really worth doing below 32" then HD was an obvious step once 40" became "normal". 3D isn't that much of a surprise either, cinema has been trying it almost since it was invented and presumably it's easier to achieve with a flatscreen than a CRT (and again, 3D really needs a big screen to work properly).

Technological development always goes in spurts, as soon as a new advance in tech is discovered the applications come quick and fast and then settle down until the next discovery. Fact is we're in a period of history where those discoveries are coming faster and faster.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts