2 questions for Kuro owner

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I just received the stand for my Kuro 5090 (ex repaired) and start to use it.

I noticed a rather annoying panel noise coming from the screen.

Is it something some of you have experienced?

Is there a set up that can help reduce this noise?

I also believe that Riche Sounds give me the wrong remote control, the model they provide is AXD1551.

Is this the correct model? If not what should be the reference number?

Thanks

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
From what i have looked at the remote AXD1551 if for an 8th gen pioneer the remote i have seen pictured for the 5090 is AXD1563. The noise !!. When i had my old pioneer 3rd gen plasma sometimes it would generate a buzzing sound from the back panel. Over the course of time i observed that if the set had been on for a long time i could hear a buzzing noise , also when the picture had alot of white showing the noise was more pronounced also after prolonged use.I also noticed it was never apparant when watching DVD's. Over the course of time i reduced the amount of time the set was on in the day and the noise was not apparant even when the screen displayed alot of white. Never really got to the bottom of it but the set is still in use now and the noise is never audioable unless it's been on an excesive amount of time. So in your case i wouldn't expect to hear the noise from veiwing distance from switch on would be my first point.Tone the contrast levels down would be my next point. Depending on how loud it is and from what distance you can hear it at as to if it's is acceptable or not would be something you will need to decide. If the set has been repaired already then my be it's a problem. Follow it up through warranty and also contact pioneer support via email and ask them questions as to if the noise is acceptable and normal if it's not persue it untill you are happy.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
The number on the remote control for the 5090 is AXD1564. You may also find that you can reduce the screen noise on the energy save settings in the menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts