Zone 1 or Zone 2 Satellite Dish

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Davey75, Hope you can help. I am thinking of repositioning my sky dish due to trees etc.I want to erect a new dish on the other side of the house, recommendations please on dish size ( zone 1 / zone 2 ) and a Quad LNB, distance from TV approx 50 metres. recommendations please on cable. I live in north east wales.

Thankyou.

daveh75

When it comes to dishes,bigger is better.

Mainly because it will give you a greater margin against "rain fade" i.e signal drop out due to extreme weather. It's also common to use a larger dish to overcome any losses due to excessive cable runs or in the case of communal systems any insertion losses caused by splitters and multi-switches etc.

Given your location and the cable run, i'd go for a Zone 2 (60cm) dish and provided the cable run isn't much more than 50m would just use Webro WF100, which is good quality,double screened 75O cable meant for satellite installations.

If your cable run is likely to be much in excess of 50m, then i'd consider using Webro WF125, which is a thicker,lower loss version of the above.

Though if you do use WF125,it's not recommended that you connect it directly to either the receiver or LNB input connectors.It's instead,advisable to join a short length of WF100 at either end for connection to the receiver/LNB.

This is because WF125 is much thicker and stiffer than WF100 and can put undue stress on the input connectors,which can cause damage.

HTH.

A

Anonymous

daveh75 It certanly does help, as usual many thanks sir.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts