Advice needed for a new HT 5.1 satellite + TV + Projector setup

Happyboy

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
:wave: Hello folks!

I am a relative novice when it comes to the 'real world' experience and knowledge of affordable yet highfi AV kit and would appreciate any advice that the more knowledgable members on this folks can share with me.

for my new house, I am considering buying a Denon x3000 for a 5.1 satellite system, connected to a 50" LCD for regular tv/news and a Epson TW6100 projector (ceiling mounted) running a electric drop down projector screen (100") in front of the tv for movies, games or special events like sports.
The room (actually the living room, with approx. 10 feet seated distance from the front wall/tv/projector/speakers and the rears are to be mounted on the back wall with which the sofa will be flush) size is 12.10 x 17 feet and will not be specially treated. No real need for a zone 2 use.
Main use is tv 70% projector 30%.
In terms of content, movies 50%, games 25% and music 25%.
The speakers will all be wall mounted and my only experience (in my current house) till date is with an Onkyo SR606 as an amp running the Jamo A102 5.1 set which seems to be ok (not disappointing but not spectacular, though I did very basic setup/tuning).

Any recommendations from the more experienced folks here on the following 2 questions would be most appreciated :
1. Is the denon x3000 specifically considered to be a reliable, well performing (for the stated needs) and relatively future proof avr?
2. Assuming the Denon x3000 is ok, ideally what 5.1 shall I be pairing with this? Dali fazon 3? B&W MT50?, focal Domes? Others?

Thanks!

Happyboy

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Any help please?

Can someone also advise where within/around London I can demo the Dali Fazon 3 speakers (ideally on a Denon x3000)?

Many thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts