No signal from Satellite Dish

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hello

I'm having issues with my satellite signal - or lack thereof!

I came back after Christmas with my parents to find that there is no signal registering on my Humax Foxsat HD. I've got a quad LNB and two feeds, and neither work (zero signal strength/zero signal quality).

Before clambering up onto the roof, I borrowed a friend's Sky+HD box to make sure it's not the humax, and the same problem is presenting. I wanted to do an LNB .re-set, but using my Logitech remote, it won't recognise the "zero, one" commands once I get to the settings menu.

We had a problem with a tree blocking our dish this summer, and spent a fair bit of cash having someone re-site the dish to the roof. He attached it to our "normal" aerial. We can still get signal via our normal aerial, but it's likely that the dish has moved.

'elf & safety issues aside (with me wandering around on the roof), is it difficult to re-align the dish? What is involved?

Could the problem be the LNB (I know they can be troublesome, and this one was here when we bought the house)?

Any help/thoughts most welcome! thanks

michael hoy

It is reasonably easy to re align, the link here is just one of many that may help.

The only way to check if it is water would be to have a look at the boot connections on the LNB, if they look well sealed then I would initially leave them alone.

Try re aligning the dish first, two people required if setting up with no meter, one to move the dish and one to watch the signal / quality strength readings from the sky box.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
in case anyone's interested - I climbed onto my roof on Saturday morning (via the skylight in the loft conversion) with my satellite finder. When I got up there, I found that the aerial that my dish is fixed to had moved, and not the dish. Holding the aerial vertical meant I got 90% signal strength and 100% quality, which seemed to do the trick. £3.50 for some galvanized wire from Travis Perkins secured the aerial properly and now it's all working fine!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Whereas I came home yesterday to find the dish bracket has collapsed completely! I really must get around to calling Sky out...

EDIT: wish I'd done that sooner, 30 seconds on hold and they're coming on Sunday...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts