Your opinion please, Monitor Audio Radius 90 ASW12 sub Versus New Radius 90 HD AV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can you give me your opinion to help me make a descision:

I will have to travel for at least a couple of hours to audition so have been trying to shortlist via this forum.

I think the Monitor Audio 90 with ASW 12 system or the new HD set up will be a good choice and will try to audition, not easy!

Would you recomend going for the old set at a reduced price and spending possibly some of the difference on the amp or are the new Monitor Audio HD speakers worth the extra. We want to listen to some music, Not Heavy Base, and of course cinema TV.

Thanks in anticipation. PS Amp choice?

John

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
GREENFROG93:
Please can you give me your opinion to help me make a descision:

I will have to travel for at least a couple of hours to audition so have been trying to shortlist via this forum.

I think the Monitor Audio 90 with ASW 12 system or the new HD set up will be a good choice and will try to audition, not easy!

Would you recomend going for the old set at a reduced price and spending possibly some of the difference on the amp or are the new Monitor Audio HD speakers worth the extra. We want to listen to some music, Not Heavy Base, and of course cinema TV.

Thanks in anticipation. PS Amp choice?

John

I suspect you mean the RSW12 sub that goes with this? I have this sub and use the R90s as my rear speakers. The sub is unbelievable. I haven't listened to the R90s for front use (music) but they are very nice speaker, well made and good looking. They give me clear powerful surround sound. I don't know much about the HD version other than they look great too. I would personally give them both a try and I reckon you would decide on getting the older set and buying a better amp. As for amps, if you are going to be listening to music, I would look at the Yamaha 863 which is supposed to be very good, particularly for stereo sound and the Sony 2400es and 3400es.

A

Anonymous

Gerrard,

Thanks for your opinion, very useful, I had hoped for a few more replies on this

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts