Yamaha ysp 2500

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok folks...Lg OLED fully installed...my attention now turns to sound.

Your thoughts,views and experiences of the Yamaha YSP,2500 would be appreciated...or perhaps you have a recommendation of something similar?

many thanks

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
richcam said:

Your thoughts,views and experiences of the Yamaha YSP,2500 would be appreciated...or perhaps you have a recommendation of something similar?

many thanks

speaking from having got one and used it regularly for the last 6 months or so i can really recommend the YSP2500, use the app to control it and you really can appear to drag the audio around you, its very convincing

the wireless sub works ok as well, it very occasionally drops out for a second or two but thats maybe because it lives in a corner at the side of the settee in the conversatory but overall i`m very happy with it

ts going to be replaced with the new 5600 soon which is mind boggingly good

Allan

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Allan...a Wow the 5600 looks awesome but totally out of my market I'm afraid atm.

ill look at the 2500 a bit more....reviews all seem positive....only concern is it woukd sit on the stand in front of TV directly opposite the sofa(8 ft) and I'm not sure that's suitable....does it not need hard surfaces to bounce sound off,or something?

catman

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
richcam said:

many thanks

It's good if you have a good layout, otherwise the surround doesn't really work as well as it could. Not that great for music as it doesn't have streaming support.

I've had mine 6 months and considering selling in favour of a Sonos or something similar, but if I had a square room with the sofa in front of the YSP 2500 I'd keep it without a doubt.

In my old house you can really hear sound to the sides - for about a month I kept looking to see where the sound came from!
teeth_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts