Yamaha Sound Projectors

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the December issue there is a mini-review of the Yamaha YSP-600 Sound Projector. Can anyone confirm; Is this the same as the HTY-760, apart from the colour? I'm looking to add a soundbar to my Panasonic TH37PX60 (in silver), and see these units as an ideal partner, given I'm on a budget and have limited space! Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

As far as I know it is the same model but in a different colour. That's the conclusion I came to when trying to research the sound projector range.

I bought the YSP-600 a few months ago and have been very impressed with it. It is positioned in a corner and I'm sure it would sound even better if positioned correctly. I also don't have a sub but I find the bass good enough without for my small living room. Maybe someone could advise if a sub would make a big difference?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply headfi. My soundbar would be in a corner too, so I', glad it still works well in such an un-ideal placing. I think I shall get one in the next few weeks and will report back
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I've been looking at these too, they are separately listed on the Yamaha uk site

http://www.yamaha-uk.com/sound_projectors/index.cfm

However they only seem to differ in colour, I think the all black 600 looks nicerÿ

A

Anonymous

Peter Tyson Online seems to be one of the cheapest for the YSP-600 and confirms that the silver version is called the HTY-760. I've found it pretty impressive with music and movies and it's been the best all in one solution I could find for a PS3.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
headfi:

As far as I know it is the same model but in a different colour. That's the conclusion I came to when trying to research the sound projector range.

I bought the YSP-600 a few months ago and have been very impressed with it. It is positioned in a corner and I'm sure it would sound even better if positioned correctly. I also don't have a sub but I find the bass good enough without for my small living room. Maybe someone could advise if a sub would make a big difference?

I find the Sub Woofer gives of more resonance with Bass and really rumbles (Alien vs Predator Requim) which frees up the soundbar to concentrate on the surround sound effect. As I got such a good deal on the 30D I had enough funds to buy YST-FSW 100PB but I believe the silver model is available for around £70 or less on Sound and Vision. It is a fairly hefty unit though, bigger than I anticipated when it showed up. I would recommend it Headfi but if you are happy with your bass from the YSP-600 then there is no point.

A

Anonymous

The yamaha ysp600 seems an interesting prospect for a minimalist solution but would it stack up as well in terms of soundstage /ability with the YSP900 which is bigger and could be had cheaper. My room is 14x12 ft and tv in corner, and facing 2 opposite bare walls apart from sofas.so would the newer YSP be a competent performer in such settings. any advice most welcome.

A

Anonymous

Given the fact that the ysp 600 got 5 stars , could it be matched with a 42'' telly or would the YSP 30D provide not only the extra aesthetic but also 'bigger' sound ??

A

Anonymous

I presume that the 30D would be more capable in a larger room. I'm sure it provides a bigger and better sound as it has more speakers and is wider but I find the 600 gives a big enough presence in a room around 12ftx12ft. The 30D is a fair bit more expensive and I didn't require the dock and dab radio. Maybe the cheaper 600 with money left for a sub would be a better option?

Shado I did think that a separate sub would allow the soundbar to concentrate on more on the mids and highs like you say. I'm still thinking about it and if I find a cheap and compact sub such as the yamaha or one from BK then I would be tempted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts