yamaha HTY-760 INFO

phil1964

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone Thanks for letting me join whathifi.I would like some info if that's ok.i have been given a yamaha HTY-760 it was given me so i could use it as some normal speakers for my radio shack but its to big.can anyone tell me anything about this unit i noticed the microphone is missing,do i need the mic,can it be setup without,it looks good and i would of thought it would work well in a games room on ps4, are they worth anything as i know these units are fairly old now,its abit big for what i need is it worth putting it on ebay see if i could get something for it ,money to go towards more speakers or should i just take it a part a rob the speakers,are the speakers high quality
cheers🙂

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Its a centre speaker or compact cinema speaker designed mainly to be used for audio visual - for example to improve the sound from a TV.
Have you tried connecting a 'source' to it and having a listen?
Twice in your post you have stated it is too big for you, so maybe you can check out the bay to how much similar items have sold for previously.
If you search online, you will find the manual for it too. That will cover all the possible sources you can input.
Give it a try! The link to the manual is here

phil1964

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
hi jonathan yes i have connected a phone to it.i have the manuals and remote for it as well,i did take a look on ebay but couldn't find anything.the only thing i don't have is a mic.
do they have some good speakers in it.is it worth taking them out
cheers

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
hi jonathan yes i have connected a phone to it.i have the manuals and remote for it as well,i did take a look on ebay but couldn't find anything.the only thing i don't have is a mic.
do they have some good speakers in it.is it worth taking them out
cheers
I'm no expert, and unless I am missing something, think of the unit as one speaker, that inside has a number of drivers. Each driver (you maybe thinking of this as a speaker) will be connected to the rest of the drivers via a 'crossover' which controls what part of the frequency range each driver receives. If you take the individual drivers out, you would need to replicate the crossover function for them to work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts