Yamaha RX-A2020/RX-A1020 Footprint *Title Edit*

wonsoongee

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody own either the Yamaha RX-A2020 or RX-A1020 and a tape measure?

If so can you please help? I've been scouring the net to find details of the surface space required by the feet of either of these amps, particularly the RX-A2020, but can't find this information anywhere.

I'm confident that the shelf space I have is sufficient in width to get all the feet planted but I'm not quite sure about the depth. So if anyone has one of these amps and wouldn't mind taking the time to measure the depth of surface required by it's feet it would be much appreciated.

wonsoongee

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks bigboss. Hopefully he will and won't mind getting a tape measure on it before it's all installed.

I've seen the claimed dimensions too and my main concern is whether it would sit on it's feet on the space I have. I currently have an RX-V1900 (SNAP!) in place and there is a small overhang at the back and a few cm to spare on the shelf in front of the front feet but all the feet are fully on the shelf. Having done some comparisons of the claimed & measured dimensions of my 1900 vs the 2020 and scaled up the probable footprint i think it should just fit, but as it's a new five feet design who knows. It would be helpful if manufacturers gave this sort of information in the tech specs. Unless it is out there somewhere and I just can't find it.

Thanks again.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
wonsoongee,

As bigboss has already told you i'm waiting for the 2020 to be delivered today and according to the tracking info it's out for delivery so the waiting game has begun, when it gets here I have no problem with getting the tape measure out to confirm the dimensions for you.

The figures bigboss gave you are the correct ones from the research I done prior to buying and it's worth mentioning that the depth measurement (it's huge here) includes all the connections and is the total depth and not that of just the chasis. I think it will be a tight fit on my Atacama AV rack and as mentioned earlier on this thread some modding of my unit may be required to get it to fit but hopefully nothing major, it's well worth measuring correctly before you buy as the depth of the 2020 could cause even the best AV racks a few problems.

As soon as it arrives and I've broken it open I will report back with the measurements so you can know for sure the dimensions.

Oh by the way the quoted depth of the chasis only is 19 x 42 x 43.5 (H x D x W)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
I think the OP wants to know the distance between the feet as well Oldboy.

No problem I will post those distances as well bigboss, didn't realise the OP wanted those measurements.....come on UK Mail.....don't leave me waiting until late afternoon :pray:

I was a little concerned when I found out UK Mail were delivering the 2020 as I watched the Dispatches programme about courier companies the other week which featured a UK Mail depot from hell with parcels being thrown around and generally abused, I intend to check my amp very carefully!

:grin:

businessman-kicking-boxes-thumb4128583.jpg

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
wonsoongee said:

If so can you please help? I've been scouring the net to find details of the surface space required by the feet of either of these amps, particularly the RX-A2020, but can't find this information anywhere.

I'm confident that the shelf space I have is sufficient in width to get all the feet planted but I'm not quite sure about the depth. So if anyone has one of these amps and wouldn't mind taking the time to measure the depth of surface required by it's feet it would be much appreciated.

:bounce: My RX-A2020 has been delivered safe and sound by UK Mail with no damage thank god :clap: , I'm very happy but it's HUGE...it dwarfs my Onkyo 609 and makes it look like a toy!

I've got the tape measure out before I connect it up and can give you the following measurements but bear in mind they may be a mm or two out as I'm having to estimate as best I can the depth including connections and all depth measurements are taken with this in mind.

It's also worth telling you that the depth measurement given by Yamaha is accurate at 46.7cm BUT you can take 2cm off that figure as it includes the depth of the dials so real world depth is more accurate at 44.7cm including connections.

Total Depth: 46.7cm (44.7 without dials)

Height: 19cm

Width: 43.5cm

Main 4 Feet

Width: 27.5cm

Depth: 24cm

5th Foot

17cm from front Panel

23cm from back (including connections)

19.3cm from right side (face on)

18.7cm from left side (face on)

The 5th foot is ever so slightly off centre as I'm sure you can see from the measurements but not by much, hope all that helps but if you need more mesurements just post here and let me know what you need to know.

It's also worth saying that the depth of the 2020 from the front feet to rear of the unit is 41cm which is a real world depth measurement, so if you put the receiver on a unit and have it with the front feet on the edge (but not over it) so that the front hangs over a little then the depth is 41cm including connections at the back which should be enough for most units to accomodate.

Looks like no modding of my unit is necessary with these measurements..... :grin:

Hope that helps.

wonsoongee

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Oldboy.

Very comprehensive. The shelf in my unit is 56cm wide by 35.5cm deep with plenty space in front, behind (I modded the back with a hacksaw) and to the sides for the dials, connectors and chasis so no worries there. By your measurements the feet of the amp should sit comfortably on the shelf I have and not hang off the back.

I am surprised at how low those footprint measurements are. That is from the front edge of the front foot to the back edge of the back foot is it, or is that the measurement between the feet. That would make the depth of the footprint shallower than on my 1900 which needs around 32.5cm shelf depth to keep all it's feet firmly planted, despite the Yamaha dimensions being almost 3cm deeper on the 2020.

Thanks again and enjoy the new toy. Let us know how it performs.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
wonsoongee said:
Thanks Oldboy.

Very comprehensive. The shelf in my unit is 56cm wide by 35.5cm deep with plenty space in front, behind (I modded the back with a hacksaw) and to the sides for the dials, connectors and chasis so no worries there. By your measurements the feet of the amp should sit comfortably on the shelf I have and not hang off the back.

I am surprised at how low those footprint measurements are. That is from the front edge of the front foot to the back edge of the back foot is it, or is that the measurement between the feet. That would make the depth of the footprint shallower than on my 1900 which needs around 32.5cm shelf depth to keep all it's feet firmly planted, despite the Yamaha dimensions being almost 3cm deeper on the 2020.

Thanks again and enjoy the new toy. Let us know how it performs.

No worries, happy to help where I can.

All feet measurements are between the feet so inside face of each and as accurate as I could measure them just before I wire it up I will give you the measurements of total footprint of the feet (to allow it to fit on a shelf) so here goes:

Total width of feet: 39.5cm

Total foot depth of feet: 35.8cm

That should give you a better idea of the footprint of the amp, just to repeat in case it wasn't clear those figures account for the feet themselves and is the total width and depth including them, the 5th foot is irrelevant with those measurements as it sits in middle (slightly offset).

Does that help you better?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Next report please ob - how the amp setsup& sounds against the Onkyo. Cheers

Will do asap but will be tomorrow after I've had a chance to give it a test run tonight.

Just finished wiring it up and it was a tight fit but no modding to my unit is needed as it just squeezes in, I've left a bit of the amp hanging out from the front to help with venilation too so it has some room to breathe...time to turn it on and run the calibration set up.

One more thing to mention.....if you have 6 ohm speakers like mine you have to run a quick procedure to switch the amp over to 6 ohm mode before you wire up the speakers as the amp is set to 8 ohm as default, painless, but certainly worth mentioning.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

This was exactly the same question I had for Creative Audio before committing to buying the 2020.

They actually told me it was 14.5 inches, which is nearly 37cm, but I think I'd trust Oldboy more than Creative Audio.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
This was exactly the same question I had for Creative Audio before committing to buying the 2020.

They actually told me it was 14.5 inches, which is nearly 37cm, but I think I'd trust Oldboy more than Creative Audio.

The tape measure doesn't lie BBB :grin:

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the new amp Oldboy hope it sounds good with those Dali speakers you have. I am waiting until later in the year & considering the same amp, or the 3020 to go with my Dali Ikon system.

The size of the amp is not an issue for me though as my A/V cabinet is 70cm deep. Looking forward to your review..

Regards ..Paul

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
wonsoongee said:

Hello wonsoongee,

Sorry to join this trhead a bit late. I'm a pedant, so maybe I'm the only one to notice the discrepancy in your question.You have entitled this thread Yamaha RX-A2020/RX-A2010 Footprint. But then, the second amplifier that you mention in the body of the text is the RX-A1020. The Yamaha RX-A1020 and RX-A2010 are not the same device! The A1020 is the third model down from the top of the current range, whereas the A2010 is the second model down from the previous year's Aventage range. I happen to have the A2010 in my kitchen, and I could have measured it, but Oldboy has measured the A2020, which is the receiver to go for of those that you have listed.

wonsoongee

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
wonsoongee said:

Hello wonsoongee,

Sorry to join this trhead a bit late. I'm a pedant, so maybe I'm the only one to notice the discrepancy in your question.You have entitled this thread Yamaha RX-A2020/RX-A2010 Footprint. But then, the second amplifier that you mention in the body of the text is the RX-A1020. The Yamaha RX-A1020 and RX-A2010 are not the same device! The A1020 is the third model down from the top of the current range, whereas the A2010 is the second model down from the previous year's Aventage range. I happen to have the A2010 in my kitchen, and I could have measured it, but Oldboy has measured the A2020, which is the receiver to go for of those that you have listed.

Hi.

No apology necessary.

I can be a bit of a pedant too, which makes my error all the more galling. I'm going to put my typo down to model number blindness after hours of trawling the net trying to find the information I was looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts