• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Uniti Star, or not Uniti Star!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
Some, sort of!! But I question if you are trying to sell a Leema or a Rega?!

You've now lowered the price of the Tucana even more, just to fit in a £200 Phono stage (Did you work for Bojo?)
That's without confirming the unit hasn't been used and abused for years.
Now what about the DAC? Are you lowering the price of the Tucana again, just to squeeze in a DAC?!!!
This says to me the unit is not worth £1300, and they are desperate to sell (broken!!)

Now size? How do I fit in a seperates Phono stage and DAC?
Because right now, with your insistence on a Tucana (Which wouldn't fit because of the extras), you have actually pushed me back to Naim or Rega!

Now to what it sounds like. You have just said the Rega has a similar sound, and with the Rega more in my budget!!! You get the picture.
Plus you admitted the Rega is worth the money, whereas you make it sound like your 2nd hand Tucana is broken!
How long were you a salesman for? Because Leema aren't too happy with you right now!

What did I say, the hard sell rarely works on me now!

Now being slightly more serious:

I wouldn't trust 2nd hand for such items. Brand new with warranty only.

But I shall do you a deal. Supply me with guaranteed winning lottery numbers, and I will purchase the Tucana Mk2! Can't ask fairer than that!
This is exactly why I'm reluctant to recommend Leema, I get it thrown back in my face. I'm not trying to sell you any brand. Most modern amps are of high quality (generalising) and we all want the biggest bang for our buck as possible - few come bigger than the Tucana, given your budget.

I haven't changed the price of that particular Leema, but if you look on the link I posted it says £1300 and underneath it also says "make an offer". I reckon, given it's a buyers market due to the pandemic, he may except £1100 or thereabouts.

And no, there was nothing wrong with my Tucana. It was sold because my business van needed to be replaced and rather than digging too deep into my savings, the 2k helped towards a replacement van... and I had the Pulse in the attic.

I'm pulling out of this thread.

James83

Apr 2, 2015
I wasn't aware PP was trying to sell anything.
Any further discussion on this might be seen as harassment and I will lock this thread
A bit of light hearted banter and the ability to laugh at others and oneself. Nobody said anyone was trying to sell anything. Well, it was quite clear to me, so I certainly wouldn't seriously make out as though he was.

A very educational thread, as I have learnt a bit about Leema, for which I thank PP.

Not to worry though. Lock to your hearts delight.
Au revoir.

James83

Apr 2, 2015
This is exactly why I'm reluctant to recommend Leema, I get it thrown back in my face. I'm not trying to sell you any brand. Most modern amps are of high quality (generalising) and we all want the biggest bang for our buck as possible - few come bigger than the Tucana, given your budget.

I haven't changed the price of that particular Leema, but if you look on the link I posted it says £1300 and underneath it also says "make an offer". I reckon, given it's a buyers market due to the pandemic, he may except £1100 or thereabouts.

And no, there was nothing wrong with my Tucana. It was sold because my business van needed to be replaced and rather than digging too deep into my savings, the 2k helped towards a replacement van... and I had the Pulse in the attic.

I'm pulling out of this thread.
Well I'm very sorry you saw it that way.
It was all banter. Nothing more.

Oh, and I wasn't on about your Tucana as such. But the one you linked to. T'was all part of the banter. Ie if someone starts reducing prices, you start asking why.

As I say. Sorry if it came across differently, but the whole of that post was pretty much light hearted humour. Apart from pointing out that the Tucana unfortunately wouldn't work in my case. More money and more space, then Crikey yes. But unfortunately not right now.

As for having Leema thrown back in your face. Far from it. Anything but. You have found a really good product that you feel deserves shouting about. I say keep it up.

Certainly your pointing out Leema has been extremely beneficial to me, and I think I mentioned that I would be trying out the Pulse Amp and Elements CD player. Do I wish they were a little bit cheaper? Of course. But it turns out the local ish shop I got my RP1 from also sells Leema, so a good listen of Leema and Rega is the order of the day.
One things for sure. Absolutely nothing thrown back at you, and I hope to see you advertising Leema some more. Perhaps once I've heard them, I can join in lol

Reactions: plastic penguin

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS