Yamaha AS2200 vs Naim Nait XS3

SorErico

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
Hy everyone :D
I am an italian violin player felt in love with HiFi world.
Recently I sold amplifier Audia Flight FL3S because I liked its pleasant good sound but not at all its less dynamic.
After many listening sessions I finally focused my mind on Yamaha AS2200 and Naim Nait XS3.
Unfortunately there's no way to listen them in the same shop :pensive:.
I really love the Yamaha sound: rich, focused and bright from low to high frequencies; the Naim seems to have a more forwarding sound but sometimes sound in low frequencies, like a double bass, is dirtier than Yamaha. Moreover some instruments like grand piano or snare drum seems to be too metallic for my ears; I know exatcly how they play on a stage of a big theatre.
I also heard Naim amplifiers produce some noise even when sources are not connected. It should be very annoying to me.
Thank you in advance for each advice you will give me.
Greeting from Italy :blush:

Hy everyone :D
I am an italian violin player felt in love with HiFi world.
Recently I sold amplifier Audia Flight FL3S because I liked its pleasant good sound but not at all its less dynamic.
After many listening sessions I finally focused my mind on Yamaha AS2200 and Naim Nait XS3.
Unfortunately there's no way to listen them in the same shop :pensive:.
I really love the Yamaha sound: rich, focused and bright from low to high frequencies; the Naim seems to have a more forwarding sound but sometimes sound in low frequencies, like a double bass, is dirtier than Yamaha. Moreover some instruments like grand piano or snare drum seems to be too metallic for my ears; I know exatcly how they play on a stage of a big theatre.
I also heard Naim amplifiers produce some noise even when sources are not connected. It should be very annoying to me.
Thank you in advance for each advice you will give me.
Greeting from Italy :blush:
Welcome to the forum.
Are you saying you have heard both of these but not in the same shop?
If so what is there to discuss? Buy the Yamaha.

SorErico

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
I just asking someone that listened both together.
So I can be helped to take a choice.
Something wrong?🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

SorErico, the only ears that matter here are yours. Not enough members have heard these two amps together so go with with what your own ears tell you and you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Al ears
That’s a perfect review already! Welcome from me too.

If you want forward, dirty and noisy you know which to buy. If you want music from a musical instrument manufacturer, it has to be the Yamaha, surely?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts