Yamaha A-S801 Protection mode, yellow light blinking

urre

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

I recently bought a Yamaha A-S801 amplifier. This unit seems to be in protection mode. When I turn it on, the yellow power lamp starts to blink within 5 seconds and the unit can't be used.

I can't seem to get this working. Any tips on how I can reset it or get it to power up again?

Regards
Urban Sanden

urre

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
Thanks, yea. I've tested the proposed solutions in the trouble shooting guide. I tested without having anything plugged in.

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
disconnect everything from the amp then switch it on if it still trips out then there is something wrong with the amp if it stays on then try adding the speakers then try again if its still ok add another unit like a cd player untill you find the fault.

Tinman1952

disconnect everything from the amp then switch it on if it still trips out then there is something wrong with the amp if it stays on then try adding the speakers then try again if its still ok add another unit like a cd player untill you find the fault.
Some amps will trigger protection mode without speakers attached....
and with class D amps this is definitely NOT advised.

Last edited:

urre

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
Thanks! I made a mistake, completely forgot that the model I had got was 100 V and not 220 V, so I broke a fuse on it. Fortunately it wasn't that expensive to fix.

Won't make this mistake again :)

Premd

Feb 5, 2023
Visit site
Thanks! I made a mistake, completely forgot that the model I had got was 100 V and not 220 V, so I broke a fuse on it. Fortunately it wasn't that expensive to fix.

Won't make this mistake again :)
Hi I am facing the same problem. please can you share which fuse you are talking about. Secondly i have also bought 100V but i believe that is right if we are US

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts