Amplifier protection mode

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Vladimir said:
Modified Linn amp. I think the warranty is void here.

What were Linn thinking of! You can get self-adhesive damping panels (used inside car doors and some thin walled speaker cabinets) that would damp that casing nicely and be far neater than squirting white sealant everywhere!

As for the little tins full of sand ...

The owner moded it, not the manufacturer. He felt hum and case vibration from the transformer so he did all that atrocity. What he should have done was to tightent the transformer, as the shocked technician in the video demonstrated.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi insider

I’ve got some bad news my Yamaha A-S 2100 has decided not to come out of protection mode for some reason it happened last week but managed to take it out of protection mode but not this time which I do not understand .

and obviously I am very disappointed that the amplifier has gone wrong my feelings are the power supply is have fluctuations at a guess anyway it’s gone in to the Yamaha service centre for a warranty repair so I do not no how long my amplifier is going to be away for but now having to use my Yamaha 1070 Av so I still have music .

but because I now do not have my Yamaha A-S2100 do you still want to come on Saturday ? As I wanted to show my Yamaha but now only got the opticon’s to show you and the Oppo but the Yamaha 1070 is not going to be in the same level as the A-S2100 is which is very disappointing for me .

i have tried to phone your mobile but did not get a reply so if you see a missed call it’s me

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That’s my thinking but it’s purely a guess though as last week i was listening to music and it just cut out and went into protection mode but remembered what Vladimir had said about re-setting the protection mode but tried that but no joy .

then took it out of the rack and unhooked all cables and then unplugged the power cable and then waited 5 mins and then plugged the power cable back in then tried the re-set but nothing but the blinking light flashing .

so it’s gone to the Yamaha service centre to be looked at and in some ways it would be nice if Yamaha turn round and say here’s a new one but can’t see this happening .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
They will fix it and it will probably still be going strong in twenty years.

Meanwhile, the engineer that signed the amp off during QC will be asked to commit Seppuku for bringing the company reputation into question. His family will be exiled and the dog eaten.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I tell you what insider my Av amplifier sounds pretty good with music I put the Yamaha A-S 2100 CD player with it but I’ve had to add the subwoofer with the music because the Av is a bit light on bass weight but sure that’s down to the Av power supply

but the top end is a bit more lively but there is something missing that the Yamaha A-S2100 does but the AV doesn’t it’s something to do with the soundstage I think I will listen more tomorrow but not bad for a Av amplifier and will keep me happy till mine stereo amplifier comes back .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve got attached to my Yamaha as I got pretty depressed putting it in the car to take to get fixed I kept thinking I will try it when I got the shop which was a good hour away but the chap who is the Yamaha dealer said there was no point but I was hoping it would come back a live in the shop but never got that far .

but did say to the chap in the shop if it needs new parts I want genuine parts putting back it felt like I was a mother making sure my baby was all right it’s crazy I know but it’s a cracking amplifier but I’ve got to learn to pull myself together .

And I am sure luxman breakdown as well

insider9

Blacksabbath25 said:
It’s thrash music it’s better then death metal that sounds like two dogs sha** try U.D.O Decadent it’s the ex singer from Accapt the guitar work on that album is very good 
Everything is tight and sounds good after almost 30 years. I'd still say it's 8/10 for me. Would prefer vocals more Hetfield and less Mustaine but that's only personal preference and would make it a strong 9/10. Excellent album anyhow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts