admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, just wondering if anyone had some info on XLO interconnects etc, just picked up a couple of XLO pro 100's and have been blown away by them, any one know how much these cost new as they sound as if they should have been a lot in their day. Cheers

A

Anonymous

Ah well i think i spoke to soon, they were sounding great, nice cymbol crashes but no siblence to speak of. Even my rougher recordings were sounding good. Alas after more break in time they have become too revealing for a large part of my music collection. Now the over riding hiss and crackle is now distracting from the very good extra detail and wieght i originally started to hear .........hey maybe if i give them more time they might warm back again.....i think not ... oh well. If i listened to good recordings only i'd be so pleased with the performance of these cables.

A

Anonymous

NO ,NO hold on they were just going through a funny burn in patch where the upper frequencies were being hi-lighted..............how long are these gonna take to fully burn in ? I know it said on the back of the packet 24 - 36 hours continious play............but......!!! still there sounding good again.............and why do i feel like i'm talking to myself here..........thought this was a forum
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Well to finish off my one way conversation...........here is the result.............using two cables ( 2 x XLO pro100) one at cd. player and one at pre out to main in was just too bright. So the perfect balance seems to be XLO between cd and pre and a Gotham swiss between the pre and power to add balance and warmth.............it's hard to get hi fi to play good recordings and bad with any equal fairness, but this seems pretty good compared to before.
emotion-2.gif
Cable blending an even more evil black art.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts