Xbox One - Titanfall Bundle £370!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
I would simply refuse delivery gel and get the postage refunded.

As bigboss said if you refuse delivery you won't have to pay to send it back. Get proof from the driver that you refused delivery and under what grounds then contact Zavvi to say you rejected the delivery because you asked for a refund.

I've done this myself on two occasions although not with Zavvi and got a full refund within the next 2-3 days, read the T&C's on the Zavvi website first though to see if this eventuality is covered so you know where you stand. It's a valid tactic though ;)

Cheers for the tip mate. :cheers:

It turned up at lunch time and I decided to keep it, and it's working! :cheer: Just been playing Forza 5 and it was all okay. It took a while to setup about an hour, then I had to download an update to play Forza but now it's working fine. I will try out FIFA soon and then try and download Titanfall. I am not used to these new games console everything is new to me. Getting there though. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I am going to buy the disc copy of Titanfall, I can't be bothered with the digital copy!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
I think I am going to buy the disc copy of Titanfall, I can't be bothered with the digital copy!

Erm - that's a bit crazy isn't it? The digital copy came with your console so presumably you'd have to shell out £45 for the disc copy? Why would you do this?

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
gel said:

Erm - that's a bit crazy isn't it? The digital copy came with your console so presumably you'd have to shell out £45 for the disc copy? Why would you do this?

:) I thought it was a lot of grief to download? I haven't tried yet though, do you think it will take long?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It'll take a while sure - a couple hours or more I would think depending how fast your broadband is, but given you're probably going to order the disc copy online (otherwise likely to pay more like £55 to £60 for it in a shop), then this isn't going to arrive till Monday at the earliest. Just leave it running overnight and you'll have it for tomorrow morning probably.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
It'll take a while sure - a couple hours or more I would think depending how fast your broadband is, but given you're probably going to order the disc copy online (otherwise likely to pay more like £55 to £60 for it in a shop), then this isn't going to arrive till Monday at the earliest. Just leave it running overnight and you'll have it for tomorrow morning probably.

Okay will do. I haven't got a clue what I am doing with this! :grin: What happened to instructions being in games too? :wall:

I will get there in the end, I have my niece helping me tomorrow. :)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I've not downloaded anything via the Xbox network, but if it's anything like the Playstation Store, you will have got a code somewhere? You then go into the Xbox Store and you should be able to find somewhere which says Redeem code, or something similar. You enter that code, and then it should then present you the option to start downloading the game.

I'll see if I can find any instructions online...

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
I've not downloaded anything via the Xbox network, but if it's anything like the Playstation Store, you will have got a code somewhere? You then go into the Xbox Store and you should be able to find somewhere which says Redeem code, or something similar. You enter that code, and then it should then present you the option to start downloading the game.

I'll see if I can find any instructions online...

Yep, I have got the code. I did see where it was but then I started on Forza 5 instead, and now I am not quite sure where to enter it! I should hopefully be able to find it again though. Cheers for the help - appreciate it. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

If I don't get on with this Xbox One can I still return it?

http://www.zavvi.com/returns-policy.info

It is used now. :cheers:

You can quote Distance Selling Regulations if they object. DSR clearly states retailers cannot insist on items being unused.

You really have to think though; your repeated change of mind is causing monetary losses to the retailers, as they cannot sell it as brand new again.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
You can quote Distance Selling Regulations if they object. DSR clearly states retailers cannot insist on items being unused.

You really have to think though; your repeated change of mind is causing monetary losses to the retailers, as they cannot sell it as brand new again.

Cheers BB - appreciate it. Yep, I will make sure first. :cheers:

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
bigboss said:

Are you considering a PS4 now instead, or is it a case that games consoles aren't really for you?! :doh:

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I believe opened media is except from distant selling regs so whilst he can return machine they can charge him full price 4 the games he has opened - same for DVDs CDs software etc

Also feel that the situation has been blown out of all proportion n whilst disappointed by first 1 being broken seems 2 me zavvi did everything they could 2 turn it around under their policy. If he calls them I'm sure they will refund his next day delivery if he paid extra 4 it and they will prob send him a 10% off voucher if approached the right way.

In my opinion the distant selling regs were not designed to be used in this way and its reasons like this that retailers will fight 2 have them changed in the future - they are there for receiving items not as described or not fit for purchase but have been left a little too open in some regards - also in as new condition is open to interpretation - just my opinion

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

Are you considering a PS4 now instead, or is it a case that games consoles aren't really for you?! :doh:

Games console aren't really for me. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat said:
I believe opened media is except from distant selling regs so whilst he can return machine they can charge him full price 4 the games he has opened - same for DVDs CDs software etc

Also feel that the situation has been blown out of all proportion n whilst disappointed by first 1 being broken seems 2 me zavvi did everything they could 2 turn it around under their policy. If he calls them I'm sure they will refund his next day delivery if he paid extra 4 it and they will prob send him a 10% off voucher if approached the right way.

In my opinion the distant selling regs were not designed to be used in this way and its reasons like this that retailers will fight 2 have them changed in the future - they are there for receiving items not as described or not fit for purchase but have been left a little too open in some regards - also in as new condition is open to interpretation - just my opinion

:cheers:

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Gel I'm away till Sunday but let me know what struggling with n will try n help

Instructions are normally in options in the game - opens up a digital version of old style booklet

On dash board go to games n should show u all latest release etc - should b small black box saying codes or something - click on and show download card to camera and will ask you to accept n start will start download immediately

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site

Instructions are normally in options in the game - opens up a digital version of old style booklet

On dash board go to games n should show u all latest release etc - should b small black box saying codes or something - click on and show download card to camera and will ask you to accept n start will start download immediately

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat said:
Also feel that the situation has been blown out of all proportion n whilst disappointed by first 1 being broken seems 2 me zavvi did everything they could 2 turn it around under their policy.

You mean apart from it taking 15 days to turn around a replacement console. That's over 2 weeks to do what should have taken 3 or 4 days at most.

matengawhat said:

The purpose of DSR is to allow you to test and check the item as you would do in a shop, with the addition of a 7-day cooling off period. You cannot check and test the item in an unopened box. Gel has never played a video game. He wouldn't know if games are for him, unless he plays it. He could either go to a shop to check it out, or buy it online to check it at home. So he has the right to return. You're right about game titles.

The only problem is; these are high value items. Gel's habit of returning blu ray players and now possibly the Xbox is causing loss to retailers. I would be sure I want to buy a product before ordering it.

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat said:

:cheers: It is just the basics that I am struggling with, what I really need is an instruction book, so that tip will really help. I will have a long session on it today and get back to you. Cheers.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I never said he didn't have the legal right to return - just using DSR in this way in my opinion is abusing the legislation - games consoles are a funny one as to play he has to input personal information, install software, create avatars etc - could be argued he has made the item a one off for himself!

Also I think he said they had sent him a game which he hasn't been charged for so the retailer in this case is massively out of pocket already, if we want to see businesses survive and thrive in this economic climate ppl also have to take some level of responsibility.

If I was that unsure about making a purchase I think I would have found somewhere to try it out first just for my own piece of mind

Whilst 14 days turn around is slow and not as quick as using Microsoft he might even have got a free game from ms - the retailer has to wait for goods to be returned and examined before releasing replacement subject to stock - the delivery company in this case doesn't check the items - he could have stuck 2 bricks in a box, then retailer would b chasing a second console.

Also with gel asking 4 a replacement then refund would prob cause issues as so much is now software driven so prob 2 different status on his account, also he didn't return everything so refund couldn't have been granted. Just wish sometimes ppl would see from both sides. Not saying if I was gel wouldn't have been really annoyed n felt let down I would!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts