Xbox One - Titanfall Bundle £370!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
To be honest, if Zavvi arranged returns via Yodel, it's Zavvi's responsibility and not gel's to chase this up. Gel has proof of returns, and that's all he needs. Zavvi shouldn't be delaying any further in sending a replacement.

Amazon always sends a replacement first, and gives a 30-day window to return the faulty product. I don't mind scouting for the best deals when it comes to DVDs and blu rays, but when it comes to game consoles, TVs etc. (where after sales support is necessary), I only buy from Amazon / John Lewis / Lakeland.

I've just bought a Blendtec blender from Costco, as I've heard good things about their service as well.

If I were you gel, I would simply tell Zavvi to cancel the order, and buy it from elsewhere more reputed (even if it means paying a bit more). It's not only about this episode; if your console breaks down few months down the line, you'll get similar level of support.

Zavvi are a nightmare to deal with though, you message them and it takes 24 hours to get a response and then that response doesn't normally make sense. I can't seem to get out of this easy! :wall: They also want Forza 5 back before doing a full refund and I don't fancy sending that back. Then I have to find another deal for it. There is a couple of deals going about at the moment but there weren't any when I bought it. I will see what tomorrow brings. :cheers:

Zavvi are already a nightmare to deal with; imagine the headache if the Xbox breaks down few months later. I would return Forza 5 and take the full refund. You don't have to go for cheapest deals all the time. Retailer's reputation is very important.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
To be honest, if Zavvi arranged returns via Yodel, it's Zavvi's responsibility and not gel's to chase this up. Gel has proof of returns, and that's all he needs. Zavvi shouldn't be delaying any further in sending a replacement.

Whilst I agree it's not gel's responsibility, when faced with the evidence that they have received it, they may then take a bit more notice. It would certainly help further down the line if things have to be taken further (god forbid), if you can show you did everything you could.

I would also be tempted to take it up again with Microsoft and tell them the whole thing has been such a nightmare, you're considering cancelling the purchase and buying the PS4 (since you wouldn't be able to get the Xbox One at the right price again with other deals). Present them with the receipt and the proof of the fact you've sent it back to Zavvi and they may then step in, send you a direct replacement and take over the hassle of getting the faulty console back from Zavvi. Just an idea.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
bigboss said:

Whilst I agree it's not gel's responsibility, when faced with the evidence that they have received it, they may then take a bit more notice. It would certainly help further down the line if things have to be taken further (god forbid), if you can show you did everything you could.

I would also be tempted to take it up again with Microsoft and tell them the whole thing has been such a nightmare, you're considering cancelling the purchase and buying the PS4 (since you wouldn't be able to get the Xbox One at the right price again with other deals). Present them with the receipt and the proof of the fact you've sent it back to Zavvi and they may then step in, send you a direct replacement and take over the hassle of getting the faulty console back from Zavvi. Just an idea.

Good one! :cheers: I will do that! :clap: Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Zavvi are already a nightmare to deal with; imagine the headache if the Xbox breaks down few months later. I would return Forza 5 and take the full refund. You don't have to go for cheapest deals all the time. Retailer's reputation is very important.

Good points. :cheers:

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:

I echo this sentiment. The odd game will most likely be a worthwhile purchase. Though when it comes to larger investments, I would like to think one should be more risk averse rather than run after “the price is right” strategy (within reason). This all comes under asset protection.

If your situation can not resolved & you end up in the ‘neutral, no console’ zone again; personally, I would hold out for E3 which is just over 2 months away now. It will act as a revaluation of what’s what & what’s to come, all helping you to make a more informed decision.

D

Deleted member 2457

Zavvi received it back Thursday according to Yodel! I have contacted Zavvi again asking for a full refund. Does anyone know what number to contact Microsoft on? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

I just contacted Microsoft and they are saying they can't do anything at the moment! :wall:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Zavvi received it back Thursday according to Yodel! I have contacted Zavvi again asking for a full refund. Does anyone know what number to contact Microsoft on? Thanks.

Quite simply I would be trying to speak to them on the phone if that was me to tell them it was received on Thursday and that Yodel have proof of this and that you have proof of postage then cancel the order for a refund.

As I stated much earlier in this thread and that others have since echoed when it comes to consoles scrimping for the sake of a few quid isn't always a good idea, when you get to this situation or similar it's the level of customer service that matters most and as you have found out Zavvi are completely useless. Every console I own came from a physical shop where it's far simpler to get a resolution, yes I paid more in the first place but for the piece of mind I'm happy to pay it.

I must say I'm surprised Microsoft won't get involved though and this sorry experience has really put me off from ever getting an XBox One in the future. I'm sorry to say it but I'm just glad I got the PS4 which has been faultless since I got it...are you sure you don't want the PS4 instead gel?

I just hope that with the evidence you have that Zavvi actually start to listen, try their Facebook page that I linked to you...a bad reputation on social media is something all retailers most certainly don't want that's for sure ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

Quite simply I would be trying to speak to them on the phone if that was me to tell them it was received on Thursday and that Yodel have proof of this and that you have proof of postage then cancel the order for a refund.

As I stated much earlier in this thread and that others have since echoed when it comes to consoles scrimping for the sake of a few quid isn't always a good idea, when you get to this situation or similar it's the level of customer service that matters most and as you have found out Zavvi are completely useless. Every console I own came from a physical shop where it's far simpler to get a resolution, yes I paid more in the first place but for the piece of mind I'm happy to pay it.

I must say I'm surprised Microsoft won't get involved though and this sorry experience has really put me off from ever getting an XBox One in the future. I'm sorry to say it but I'm just glad I got the PS4 which has been faultless since I got it...are you sure you don't want the PS4 instead gel?

I just hope that with the evidence you have that Zavvi actually start to listen, try their Facebook page that I linked to you...a bad reputation on social media is something all retailers most certainly don't want that's for sure ;)

Hi mate

I tried the Zavvi number this morning and it was no good. I have just had another message saying their return process can take up to 10 days! |(

So it looks like I have just get to wait. :wall: I have just asked for a refund and am going to see what they come up with. Cheers for the help guys. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

I am not sure with the Playstation 4, how do their controllers work? Are they battery or what?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi gel :wave:

To answer your question regarding the controllers for the PS4, they have an internal rechargeable battery which needs about a three hour charge for first use from new.

The advantage is that you don't need to have a constant supply of batteries lying around like the Xbox, the only problem I have found is that a full charge only seems to last approx 3 hours of continious game play so I have purchased a second controller ( off ebay ) to keep going while I put the first one back on charge.

Hope this info helps.

:bounce:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:
gel said:

I am not sure with the Playstation 4, how do their controllers work? Are they battery or what?

Rechargeable battery via USB same as the PS3 controller but with less battery life due to the built in speaker, light bar and new rumble tech although I can't say I've noticed much difference there. What I will say though is it's vastly superior to the old dual shock as it's a lot bigger and responds far better as it has no dead zone on the sticks.

I bought Infamous Second Son yesterday and that is a true glimpse of the potential of next gen gaming.

10 days for Zavvi and their returns process is a very slow turnaround! What are you going to do when they eventually refund you mate? Is it another Xbox One from a better retailer or are you considering defecting to PS4?

After hearing of your woes there is no way I'm making any serious purchase from Zavvi and will stick to just buying discs. I feel for you gel, you must be very frustrated and angry as I know I would be |(

At least you should get some news this week fingers crossed :pray:

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just to add as I don't think it's crystal clear from previous responses, you can carry on playing with the PS4 controller while it's charging - you just need a long enough USB cable (it's a micro USB cable - same as is used for charging most Android phones and tablets from what I can see). You get a 1m cable with the console and you can pick up a 3m cable for about £5 from Amazon which should cover most living rooms I would think.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
professorhat said:
Just to add as I don't think it's crystal clear from previous responses, you can carry on playing with the PS4 controller while it's charging - you just need a long enough USB cable (it's a micro USB cable - same as is used for charging most Android phones and tablets from what I can see). You get a 1m cable with the console and you can pick up a 3m cable for about £5 from Amazon which should cover most living rooms I would think.

Good point :clap:

Also worth saying that the the dual shock 4 can also recharge whilst the console is in standby mode too as long as it's plugged into one of the USB ports on the PS4 and that you have activated the USB port in standby from the settings. It's a very handy feature as system updates and game updates all download at the same time so next time you switch the PS4 on you have a fully charged controller and no updates to install, just get on with gaming...nice :)

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Clearly, a bad experience from dealing with Zavvi

I'm with everyone else on this, always buy items of this nature from a retailer that you can walk back into if there is an issue

Having said that, I've never had an issue with any console I've purchased. My original Playstation still works 18 years after it was bought!

Sometime's it's not all about price, but all about service, and we all know you can't put a price on good customer service

Hope you get it sorted soon mate

D

Deleted member 2457

MrW said:

I'm with everyone else on this, always buy items of this nature from a retailer that you can walk back into if there is an issue

Having said that, I've never had an issue with any console I've purchased. My original Playstation still works 18 years after it was bought!

Sometime's it's not all about price, but all about service, and we all know you can't put a price on good customer service

:cheers: I will either buy from Argos or probably John Lewis and pay extra now or better still price match!

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys, that covers everything! :cheers: I am not sure what to do now, I still don't know if Zavvi will give me a full refund straight away because I kept Forza 5 that came with it! :wall: I will probably have to return that first too. :). I have one spare controller, a charge and play kit, and 2 games too. I might just sell these on AV and go the PS 4 route. Zavvi might just send another one out though, because they are pretty useless as you have gathered. I think I will just wait. Has anyone got a link to that PS4 3 metre cable on Amazon that Professorhat mentioned?

Cheers guys. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Is this it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Charge-Play-Cable/dp/B00GH7U9YC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1395680013&sr=8-10&keywords=Playstation+4+cable

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just noticed the postage makes it about £5 actually.

The one you've linked above (with the charging light) I originally bought and found after a while it stopped charging unless you held the cable in - not great. Also the light offers nothing as PS4 has a great big light on it which shows if it's charging while the console is in standby, so wouldn't recommend paying the extra for it - I sent it back for a refund and just got a normal cable.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
Just noticed the postage makes it about £5 actually.

The one you've linked above (with the charging light) I originally bought and found after a while it stopped charging unless you held the cable in - not great. Also the light offers nothing as PS4 has a great big light on it which shows if it's charging while the console is in standby, so wouldn't recommend paying the extra for it - I sent it back for a refund and just got a normal cable.

Cheers mate. :cheers:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
MrW said:

:cheers: I will either buy from Argos or probably John Lewis and pay extra now or better still price match!

Or you could give Game a look as they normally have some decent bundle deals and you could trade in your Xbox one bits against a PS4 if you go down that route.

Did you ask for a refund then gel? It wouldn't surprise me if they sent out a replacement rather than refund you though...do they have monkeys working in their customer service dept??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts