Xbox One - Titanfall Bundle £370!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Exactly - you can look at it from both sides, but the fact of the matter is, other retailers do it better. If Zavvi want my business, they need to meet or exceed my expectations based on the customer service I've received from other retailers. Based on this, there is no chance I'll be buying high price products from Zavvi, especially given a lot of the time, they didn't seem to have a clue what was going on, telling gel several different things on different days e.g. "we haven't received it" when it was delivered the week before, "new one willl be delivered tomorrow" changing to "sorry, will be delivered the day after", changing to "oh, make that Friday".

Not good enough.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
professorhat said:
Exactly - you can look at it from both sides, but the fact of the matter is, other retailers do it better. If Zavvi want my business, they need to meet or exceed my expectations based on the customer service I've received from other retailers. Based on this, there is no chance I'll be buying high price products from Zavvi, especially given a lot of the time, they didn't seem to have a clue what was going on, telling gel several different things on different days e.g. "we haven't received it" when it was delivered the week before, "new one willl be delivered tomorrow" changing to "sorry, will be delivered the day after", changing to "oh, make that Friday".

Not good enough.

Agreed.

Lower priced items will continue to see me purchase from Zavvi but items of a higher value after gels experience and the delays he faced will see me shop elsewhere simply because their returns policy is rubbish when compared to other retailers. I would rather pay a little extra, purchase from a retailer such as Amazon with a far better returns policy and have peice of mind should any problems arise or better still support the ever decreasing high street stores and walk into a shop and purchase it with no waiting in for deliveries and somewhere to take it back to should you get an issue. Every console I own has been bought from a physical retail store for that reason, yes I've paid slightly more but it was worth it.

When it comes to DSR I have to disagree with matengawhat...the fault here is not with gel and why should I feel sorry for a retailer who has a poor returns policy when compared to other retailers when faced with a faulty product? The DSR regulations are there for customers protection and to that end gel has used them to his advantage so if anything it's the DSR that is hindering retailers not customers, the wording is clear and customers have the right to try a product out at home. Gel has done nothing wrong and is in no way abusing the legislation and to say he has in essence made the item a one off by adding apps, software and information is wrong as you can reset the unit back to how it shipped.

At the end of the day gel would not have been able to use the console at home and then return it if it wasn't for the DSR and to that end it's the legislation at fault if anything but personally I feel it's perfectly fair as online purchases are very different in their nature and that's why the DSR exist in the first place. Without it customers would be in a very poor position and unprotected.

D

Deleted member 2457

I had a good gaming session this morning with my niece, we played Rayman Legends for about 2 hours and got quite far! My niece also managed to get Titanfall working straight away! FIFA is superb too, the graphics and gameplay is excellent.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
So we all agree that gel should stop posting deals on high value items from unknown retailers unless they can be price matched with John Lewis or Richer Sounds! ;)

Sounds like a plan. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
Have you compared the blu ray movie playback on your Xbox One to your Pioneer 71 or the other blu ray players you have tried? If so, do you notice any differences?

I have tried it once and it looked very good. I will try it some more now.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
I had a good gaming session this morning with my niece, we played Rayman Legends for about 2 hours and got quite far! My niece also managed to get Titanfall working straight away! FIFA is superb too, the graphics and gameplay is excellent.

Rayman Legends is a great game - I play it with my wife and she loves it. I reckon it might be the first game I get a Platinum trophy on.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
gel said:

Rayman Legends is a great game - I play it with my wife and she loves it. I reckon it might be the first game I get a Platinum trophy on.

I am playing it with my niece and love it too. Titanfall requires Xbox Live and at the moment I have it free for 7 days but after then it will charge me. I think I will probably keep it now.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
My point was to use DSR legislatin as a try before you buy service or free rental service is not how it was designed. Where do u join the line, can I order a camera 4 a wedding use it for the wedding decide I don't like it/need it and return it? Is that fair?

This is not victimless, retailers are losing money on this which will put up prices for all and 2 suggest because the service was poor they some how deserve it is wrong, this will end up costing everyone in the long run and potentially putting smaller companies out of business that was my point. There will b genuine occurances where things go wrong with something you have bought and the retailers won't want to know or will make it far harder to resolve - there are actually a very specific set of rules you should follow to claim under DSR but most companies r currently very flexible in these making it easier for all parties. Goods returned can't legally be sold as new so have to be sold at discounted price.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
Have you compared the blu ray movie playback on your Xbox One to your Pioneer 71 or the other blu ray players you have tried? If so, do you notice any differences?

The Blu-Ray player is hard to judge because I am using it on my smaller Sony TV. Perhaps some pictures not so good but most basically the same as my Pioneer and the other Blu-Ray players I have tested. Motion is very good, it is just let down a little bit at times but most of the time just as good.

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat said:
My point was to use DSR legislatin as a try before you buy service or free rental service is not how it was designed. Where do u join the line, can I order a camera 4 a wedding use it for the wedding decide I don't like it/need it and return it? Is that fair?

This is not victimless, retailers are losing money on this which will put up prices for all and 2 suggest because the service was poor they some how deserve it is wrong, this will end up costing everyone in the long run and potentially putting smaller companies out of business that was my point. There will b genuine occurances where things go wrong with something you have bought and the retailers won't want to know or will make it far harder to resolve - there are actually a very specific set of rules you should follow to claim under DSR but most companies r currently very flexible in these making it easier for all parties. Goods returned can't legally be sold as new so have to be sold at discounted price.

I think if they advertise you can do it, it is fair. I do return quite a few gadgets to be honest but I do spread it around a lot! :). I rarely buy from the same place twice.

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat said:
Ive been playing plants vs zombies more than titanfall recetly, little bit more light hearted. Ryse is enjoyable, need for speed fun

I reckon I might enjoy Plants vs Zombies, is that a 2 player game? I would like quite a few multiplayer games.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Its an online game again like titanfall so requires an on line subscription - but I believe two in same house can play together with 20 odd others online

if your thinking of getting an online subscription cdkeys from memory is cheapest - look up on Facebook and get a 5% off code by liking them, ur 12 months should cost u about £26 - when paying with PayPal it usually goes through but says errored but the confirmations come through by email although this could be a windows 8 error

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
matengawhat said:

I think if they advertise you can do it, it is fair. I do return quite a few gadgets to be honest but I do spread it around a lot! :). I rarely buy from the same place twice.

Sometimes I think retailers don't always help themselves - I have bought kit that doesn't have the features as listed or are just plain wrong - the internet and Google has gone a long way 2 help with this!

I have also bought from retailers that have absolutly no idea of the law and that even more frustrating. Think its good to know your rights!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat said:

I wouldn't say they deserved mis-using the DSR legislation because of bad service. I would say they don't deserve business because of bad customer service - this is my point. Retailers that offer good customer service at a fair price will always do better as a result of it. Businesses that don't keep up with this don't get any pity from me - if some retailers can do it, then there's no reason others can't apart from either incompetence of their management or because part of their business plan is to try and maximise profits at the expense of it. I don't believe either things deserve my support.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I agree with the service side and working in an industry where service is the most important aspect! u get what u pay for. Amazon I can't fault at all they have always gone above n beyond and would praise as an example of how do things properly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts