Xbox One - Titanfall Bundle £370!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Flipping Xbox One is faulty! It won't load discs, it just makes a clicking noise. I am now in contact with Zavvi about a refund or exchange. I have spoken to Microsoft too and they have said it is faulty and will exchange it too.

You should have bought a PS4! ;)

That did cross my mind. :)

It is being collected Monday by Zavvi and the new one being delivered once they have it. Looks like I will be nearly waiting another week for it!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd try Microsoft - I know for the Day One releases they were arranging for collection of faulty units and shipping out new ones same day as collection to minimise the time you didn't have it. They may have only done that because it was Day One and it was getting a lot of press coverage at the time, but they might still be offering the same deal. Worth a shot.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
I'd try Microsoft - I know for the Day One releases they were arranging for collection of faulty units and shipping out new ones same day as collection to minimise the time you didn't have it. They may have only done that because it was Day One and it was getting a lot of press coverage at the time, but they might still be offering the same deal. Worth a shot.

Yep, I think they still are speaking to them on the phone. They wanted to hold some money from me until it was done though on my credit card and I am at my max for the month at the moment so I wasn't to keen on that. I reckon that is the best way of doing it though. :cheers:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
If it's any help gel when I got my 360 I found Microsoft by far the quickest way of getting my issue resolved, they swapped it at the door the next day. My retailer was quoting a 7 day turnaround after receiving the console which just annoyed me and Microsoft were very quick to act.

Taking money from your credit card seems just plain wrong to me though and isn't something I have ever seen done on any of the XBox forums, in fact I'm pretty sure they can't do this in the UK. It's under warranty simple as that mate, I would ring them back and query why you are paying twice for a faulty console as that doesn't sound right or fair to me.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
If it's any help gel when I got my 360 I found Microsoft by far the quickest way of getting my issue resolved, they swapped it at the door the next day. My retailer was quoting a 7 day turnaround after receiving the console which just annoyed me and Microsoft were very quick to act.

Taking money from your credit card seems just plain wrong to me though and isn't something I have ever seen done on any of the XBox forums, in fact I'm pretty sure they can't do this in the UK. It's under warranty simple as that mate, I would ring them back and query why you are paying twice for a faulty console as that doesn't sound right or fair to me.

Ah cheers. :cheers: I'll let Zavvi try and replace it once and if that goes wrong this is what I will do.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Definitely should have got a PS4 though gel, I couldn't be happier with mine in all honesty :)

Glad you are happy with yours mate. :cheers:

I just fancied the games more on the Xbox One but now I am thinking it bought the wrong one. Zavvi are a nightmare to deal with too! :wall:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yep the PS4 is a lovely bit of kit and I'm more than happy.

When it comes to games I agree that the launch games are slightly better on Xbox one but looking long term I don't think that's the case and for me it's about the games that are going to come out during the consoles entire lifespan that matters more than the initial handful at launch.

I'm surprised Zavvi have been so difficult to deal with though as I've always found them pretty good, far better than most that's for sure. What's the problem in dealing with them mate?

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Yep the PS4 is a lovely bit of kit and I'm more than happy.

When it comes to games I agree that the launch games are slightly better on Xbox one but looking long term I don't think that's the case and for me it's about the games that are going to come out during the consoles entire lifespan that matters more than the initial handful at launch.

I'm surprised Zavvi have been so difficult to deal with though as I've always found them pretty good, far better than most that's for sure. What's the problem in dealing with them mate?

I suppose they haven't been too bad to deal with, it has just been a bit ackward to communicate with them. I think it is the website I have a problem with and not Zavvi as of yet. I got a game free with my initial order of the Xbox One and they sent the game straight away, so on their website I couldn't cancel the order, and I changed my mind several times to order a PS4 instead but in the end I couldn't cancel my order on their website so I stuck with the Xbox One which I am starting to regret a bit.

Hopefully it will all sort itself out this week. From what I did see of it I was impressed, so fingers crossed I get a good one this time.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am still flipping waiting with Zavvi! :wall: Their website is crap! |(

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I would sack them off gel and contact Microsoft to report the issues you are having in getting it resolved with Zavvi and see what they can do for you, it's simply unacceptable that you have been waiting this long for a resolution. It would seem it is impossible to speak to them on the phone, if I knew this before hand I would have recommended you shopped elsewhere mate. I only ever buy discs from them so have no experience of how they react to faulty consoles.

I have always felt much more comfortable buying my consoles from a physical retail store and as such every console I own has been purchased this way, no messing about just straight back to the shop. Sometimes the extra cost is well worth it just for piece of mind.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
I would sack them off gel and contact Microsoft to report the issues you are having in getting it resolved with Zavvi and see what they can do for you, it's simply unacceptable that you have been waiting this long for a resolution. It would seem it is impossible to speak to them on the phone, if I knew this before hand I would have recommended you shopped elsewhere mate. I only ever buy discs from them so have no experience of how they react to faulty consoles.

I have always felt much more comfortable buying my consoles from a physical retail store and as such every console I own has been purchased this way, no messing about just straight back to the shop. Sometimes the extra cost is well worth it just for piece of mind.

Now there is a plan - cheers mate. I will contact Microsoft. :cheers: Zavvi even when you get through to have a conversation with them they make no sense, they haven't a clue what is going on with my order! I asked when I would be getting my new Xbox and replied that it takes 14 days before you can call a product missing. I had already flipping received the faulty one and returned it! :wall:

I will let you know how I get on.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
So you have already returned it to Zavvi then mate, did you get proof of postage? Are they replacing it rather than refund you? Actually...with all the problems you are having I guess you don't know either.

I've found a few numbers for you to try to contact them on mate: 0844 264 0702 or 0844 503 7484 and 0871 989 1083 although I have no idea if any of these are still active or will get you through but worth a try eh.

This may be worth a go too...it's the details given on the Zavvi outlet on ebay:

The Hut Group Ltd., Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA Phone:08442439088

From what I've seen so far you are not alone in having issues contacting them and getting issues resolved so there is no way I will buy anything other than discs from them personally, I hope some of that info is helpful and that one of the numbers works :pray:

OR try them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/zavvionline where you can message them, I'm sure if you started to leave negative comments they would get back to you pretty quick ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
So you have already returned it to Zavvi then mate, did you get proof of postage? Are they replacing it rather than refund you? Actually...with all the problems you are having I guess you don't know either.

I've found a few numbers for you to try to contact them on mate: 0844 264 0702 or 0844 503 7484 and 0871 989 1083 although I have no idea if any of these are still active or will get you through but worth a try eh.

This may be worth a go too...it's the details given on the Zavvi outlet on ebay:

The Hut Group Ltd., Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA Phone:08442439088

From what I've seen so far you are not alone in having issues contacting them and getting issues resolved so there is no way I will buy anything other than discs from them personally, I hope some of that info is helpful and that one of the numbers works :pray:

OR try them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/zavvionline where you can message them, I'm sure if you started to leave negative comments they would get back to you pretty quick ;)

That is fantastic! Thanks mate! :cheers:

Just received another message saying that once they receive it they will send me another one. They collected Tuesday and yep I have proof. Yodel collected it. I have sent them another message saying I am not happy and send me one now or refund me. I will try the numbers. :cheers:

I have still yet to contact Microsoft yet.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
No problem mate just happy to help :)

All I can say is that my TV return to John Lewis took 4 days before I got confirmation they had received it so they should get your Xbox by Monday if not already, hopefully you get it replaced next week but I would give Microsoft a call anyway if that was me.

Nice one for asking them to send another one or refund you, with proof of postage you are in a strong position so I would hope it's sorted next week fingers crossed. Keep me posted about how you get on with those numbers, hope they help.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
No problem mate just happy to help :)

All I can say is that my TV return to John Lewis took 4 days before I got confirmation they had received it so they should get your Xbox by Monday if not already, hopefully you get it replaced next week but I would give Microsoft a call anyway if that was me.

Nice one for asking them to send another one or refund you, with proof of postage you are in a strong position so I would hope it's sorted next week fingers crossed. Keep me posted about how you get on with those numbers, hope they help.

I will try the numbers Monday. :cheers: I didn't realise the problem I have is a common problem:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25087517

If I had known I would have bought the PS4. I just thought the issues were minor though. At least my last message from Zavvi made some sense!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
I didn't realise the problem I have is a common problem:

If I had known I would have bought the PS4. I just thought the issues were minor though.

Some PS4 owners had an HDMI issue - like the Xbox One issue you've got, it only affected a very small number of consoles, so you've just been unlucky. This has taught me that I won't be buying from Zavvi again in the future - even if Amazon / John Lewis etc. are a little bit more expensive, I like the fact that if I have an issue I know it will be sorted very quickly.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
gel said:
I didn't realise the problem I have is a common problem:

If I had known I would have bought the PS4. I just thought the issues were minor though.

Some PS4 owners had an HDMI issue - like the Xbox One issue you've got, it only affected a very small number of consoles, so you've just been unlucky. This has taught me that I won't be buying from Zavvi again in the future - even if Amazon / John Lewis etc. are a little bit more expensive, I like the fact that if I have an issue I know it will be sorted very quickly.

Yep, I will avoid Zavvi too, I just got the best deal around though at the time, it was £400 with Forza 5 and Titanfall digital copy. They also sent me another Forza 5 by mistake! :). I sold that on AV for £28! :grin: I won't be dealing with them again. I was in Tesco today and just wanted to buy another one or the PS4 but hopefully soon I will get a resolution. Dear oh dear.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got another message from Zavvi saying they haven't received it back yet! The first message they have sent me that makes sense but it has been a week, how long do they need! :wall: Looks like I have just got to wait.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I would get in contact with Yodel tomorrow to get details on when the parcel was delivered back to Zavvi, and then get them to email you the confirmation. Once you've got this, you can then forward this on to Zavvi and tell them to sort out a replacement asap. Definitely need to be kicking up more of a fuss as this is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
I would get in contact with Yodel tomorrow to get details on when the parcel was delivered back to Zavvi, and then get them to email you the confirmation. Once you've got this, you can then forward this on to Zavvi and tell them to sort out a replacement asap. Definitely need to be kicking up more of a fuss as this is ridiculous.

Cheers Professorhat. :cheers: I will contact Yodel tomorrow, good idea.

To be honest, if Zavvi arranged returns via Yodel, it's Zavvi's responsibility and not gel's to chase this up. Gel has proof of returns, and that's all he needs. Zavvi shouldn't be delaying any further in sending a replacement.

Amazon always sends a replacement first, and gives a 30-day window to return the faulty product. I don't mind scouting for the best deals when it comes to DVDs and blu rays, but when it comes to game consoles, TVs etc. (where after sales support is necessary), I only buy from Amazon / John Lewis / Lakeland.

I've just bought a Blendtec blender from Costco, as I've heard good things about their service as well.

If I were you gel, I would simply tell Zavvi to cancel the order, and buy it from elsewhere more reputed (even if it means paying a bit more). It's not only about this episode; if your console breaks down few months down the line, you'll get similar level of support.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts