WOW!!!! Antimode rocks

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
All,

Just thought I would share my findings with you.

Took delivery today of an Antimode 8033c sub eq and all I can say is "serious deep bass is mine"[<:eek:)]

I thought my sub was good but not as deep and fast as it should be.

I was skeptical but thought I would give it a go.

Plugged in and calibrated the Antimode and hey presto, the best upgrade I have done.

I must have just accepted and got used to boom rather than real sub bass.

Seriously people the bass is full,deep ,fast and articulte.

It sounds like a new system

Try one

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
DandyCobalt:How much does it cost?

Got mine from BK electrical as in BK subs,on ebay, £214 plus £6.90 delivery.

It is an amazing bit of kit. I am blown away!!

Maybe my room aqcoustics were terrible for bass, never realised how much a sub eq can do.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
DandyCobalt:Thanks. Just ordered one, as s/w can only go in one corner, and I have similar issues.

DandyCobalt,

I think you will be very surprised and impressed by this unit.

Good luck and please let all know how it goes for you.

ric

A

Anonymous

ric71:
DandyCobalt:Thanks. Just ordered one, as s/w can only go in one corner, and I have similar issues.

DandyCobalt,

ric

Ric, no stop saying how good it is, I'll end up buying one, don't do it shhhhhhhh!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
gosalh:
Hi Ric

What's the advantages of this box in relation to the subwoofer?

Hi gosalh,

The Antimode is a seperate sub woofer eq that plugs into your sub and measures the room response and filters out any peaks ie booms in the subs frequency range to allow the sub to play with a smooth flat response and no booming or missing bass

ric

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
markjaspi:ric71:

DandyCobalt,

ric

Ric, no stop saying how good it is, I'll end up buying one, don't do it shhhhhhhh!

markjaspi,

It is that good. Im shocked myself. You know you want to!!

ric

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
I've had the anti-mode for over 6 months now and it is used on two subs and all i can say that it does an excellent job for the price. So much for all those people that say it doesn't matter where you place your sub because of the low frequency, because the human ear cannot detect the direction it comes from. The anti-mode does correct that theory to a large degree.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the impressions!

I am also very interested in trying this thing. Although from connections side the recent 's' version is more suitable for me (the 'c' version can be made to connect but it needs a bunch of extra cables on each side).

The 's' variant is I think 370 euros so a bit pricier. I think they do home trials, so maybe I should give it a try.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
AlmaataKZ:
thanks for the impressions!

I am also very interested in trying this thing. Although from connections side the recent 's' version is more suitable for me (the 'c' version can be made to connect but it needs a bunch of extra cables on each side).

The 's' variant is I think 370 euros so a bit pricier. I think they do home trials, so maybe I should give it a try.

AlmaataKZ,

Give it a go. The only reason not to do so would be if you don't have any probs with sub bass in your listening room. You may not even realise that you have any probs.

I was not aware how badly my room was effecting my sub till i got the antimode .

ps nice system,( ATC)

ric

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I should get my Antimode today. Looking forward to hearing the difference. I've been listening last night to the great Nick Drake's "A Treasury" SACD (£6 on amazon at the mo') - he has some quite melodious low bass lines going on in tracks like Hazey Jane I, which through my s/w sound pretty mushy/ill-defined. Considering the rest of the arrangement, I'm pretty sure this isn't meant to be the case. Hoping the AntiMode will help.

My thoughts are that, even though I should really get a better s/w (like a PV1) to upgrade from my Kef, I'd like to see how much improvement I can get through things like the AntiMode, and I've got also an Auralex SubDude on order (seems like none in country at the moment). Then, if I upgrade to a PV1 later, then I can use all this existing treatment to optimise the performance of the PV1.

Quick question about cabling for the antimode: my s/w is very close to my a/v receiver - should I use short RCA (I've got Chord Cobra2) cables from a/v to antimode, then to s/w, or do I use specific subwoofer cables? My subwoofer cables are long (5m+) - will this affect performance as there are a lot of plugs and mains cables in the same area?

A

Anonymous

I too have a sub in the corner and it can be a bit boomy sometimes, let me know ,they are cheaper on ebay for some reason.

I might buy one. if it works that good.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi DandyCobalt,

Cool.

If you got the Antimode from BK they supply a sub cable.

Just plug sub cable from receiver into Antimode as per instructions then from Antimode into sub.Dont worry to much about length of cables just dont run them parrallel alongside mains cables as they can pick up interference.

READ the instructions ie turn on Antimode before sub etc.

Do make sure you turn your sub DOWN as the test tone is big.

Once calibrated remember you may need to increase gain on sub by 3-10db higher than previous setting. All explained in instructions.

Let me know the results and interested in subdude myself.

ps for the £ you can do better than the PV1 although it is good

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
canada16:
I too have a sub in the corner and it can be a bit boomy sometimes, let me know ,they are cheaper on ebay for some reason.

I might buy one. if it works that good.

canada16,

I bought mine through ebay BK electronics as in BK subs. Fantastic service

It will work if your sub is boomy. Read reviews on it .

A

Anonymous

It doesn`t really matter where you put the Antimode but may I suggest while setting it up you place it either on the sub or at least near to it.

W

A

Anonymous

When you get the Antimode may I suggest that you either do the initial setup with it either on the sub itself or at least near to it, then do some A/B testing with it to see if you can hear any differences whilst you are actually still in the room itself.

When I install these so far results have been 100% positive and if you have room problems I really do swear by them as being a very easy and affordable solution.

Allan @ Ideal AV

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
albriscoe:

When you get the Antimode may I suggest that you either do the initial setup with it either on the sub itself or at least near to it, then do some A/B testing with it to see if you can hear any differences whilst you are actually still in the room itself.

You do mean the microphone, not the unit, being on the subwoofer? If the former, don't they recommend it being in the usual listening position? (If the latter, I can't understand what difference this would make).

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
You do put the mic in your usual listtening position and take one reading, (which I did) or several general area readings.

Has it it arrived yet DandyCobalt?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
My AntiMode arrived today (from Maxflynn's BK link) - and I've just set it up via the included microphone (took about 5 mins).

All I can say is that the band now has a new bass player....and he's much better than the last one!!!

Yeah, wow! My wife came in after I'd set it up without her knowing anything, and I'd put our Dexter DVD in from Lovefilm (the one about the good guy serial killer) - her first comment on the intro theme was "What have you done, it sounds different? The bass sounds great."

Just listened to my A/B test using Nick Drake SACD (especially Hazey Jane I) - fabulous. I can now hear well-defined notes, gentle decay at the end of long notes, and can now hear how it's the bass line that really moves this song along. The Antimode has added a great instrument and layer to the sound.

Perhaps the PV1 (or other) can wait a while. I'm enjoying this enough!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Told you
emotion-19.gif

Enjoy

ric

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts