Dynamic eq on Marantz and denon

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
hi guys,

wondered where people sit with regards to dynamic eq? Last night I played some music via Heos from iPad and thought it sounded flat, very lacking in bass. I checked my settings and found dynamic eq set to off. I'm sure it was previously set to on and sounded much better than this so I changed it and hey presto bass back and music all good. I then checked other inputs and dynamic eq is off on all, I'm sure I thought it was on, but hey. Tried a cd, again very flat, no bass. Turned on dynamic eq and sounds much better bass back.

it seems to make a big difference on the music so I tried PS3 (movies as well through PS3) and sat. Sat sounds better more base, but I'm not sure on films. I've a stinking cold which might be affecting it but I got out my trusty test disc (transformers age of extinction) which I normally test at around 43 volume Mark. I turned it down as its night time and at 25 it sounds much cleare and base very much there. With my cold I'll need to play again once it's gone and I'm trying to figure out what it was actually set to as I'm sure it was on but it can't turn off on its own, and on all inputs.

anyway just wondered what everyone else does with it yo perhaps give me a push in a logical direction!

Ta

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just enabled it and nearly blew the windows out! Door frame rattles and everything else moves. I can certainly say I must have turned it off a while ago. Enabled on all inputs but the game and bluray as it works for music fantastically, just not so good with a sub. Could try turning sub down but to be honest I can't be bothered! I'm happy again now

ta

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Iam not home right now. So can only speak from my sketchy memory. I do believe I keep the dynamic EQ off. I was under the impression that this setting controls the dynamic headroom available when enabled . So always thought keeping it off, would give me the original dynamics recorded in the track. So your results are surprising for me. Will have to wait till I get back home and give it a try :)

F

FunkyMonkey

Dynamic EQ, I beleive, adjusts the volumes for different frequencies, according to the volume levels, so that your ears perceive a similar sound at any given volume level, across the frequency range.

In short, it maintains the dynamism at all levels, whereas with lower volumes, teh bass coudl be too low, for example.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
FunkyMonkey said:
Dynamic EQ, I beleive, adjusts the volumes for different frequencies, according to the volume levels, so that your ears perceive a similar sound at any given volume level, across the frequency range. 

In short, it maintains the dynamism at all levels, whereas with lower volumes, teh bass coudl be too low, for example.

You most be right. That explains the improvement mentioned here. One more thing to check once iam back home :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts