Will this lot work together?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi all!

Need to upgrade and simply have no time to 'see for myself' and am completely reliant on reviews and opinions etc......

Do you think this system will work ok?

TV: (TBC, waiting the August 40-42' Supertest, but will spend about 1k), Speakers: Q Accoustic 1010i 5.1, BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BD80, AMP: Yamaha DSP-A592

I know the amp is old, but will it be good enough untill I can afford a new one? Have they changed much? And I assume the BD players playes DVD?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Yes. The Panasonic BD-80 must decode HD onboard via PCM and this will pass through via analogue output to your amp.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No, the optical digital (and coaxial digital for that matter) connection does not have the bandwidth to carry the HD audio signals so it's best to use the analogue multichannel ouputs on the BD80 into the inputs on the A592. If you set the BD80 to decode the HD audio formats onboard to Linear PCM, you'll then be able to enjoy HD audio.

You can use the optical digital, but you will only get the standard Dolby Digital / DTS formats rather than the new Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio formats which are a big improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts