Will this amp upgrade improve SQ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am currently using a 7-8yr old denon pma255uk amp with a nad c515bee cd player and a pair of tannoy mercury f1 customs. It is only a budget system for a small home office but I spend a lot of time in there listening to music. Would there be a noticable difference if I swapped the amp for a nad c315bee?
I listen to mainly rock/pop/blues from the 60s to present.

Your advice is appreciated

Steve

steve440:

Hi, I am currently using a 7-8yr old denon pma255uk amp with a nad c515bee cd player and a pair of tannoy mercury f1 customs. It is only a budget system for a small home office but I spend a lot of time in there listening to music. Would there be a noticable difference if I swapped the amp for a nad c315bee? I listen to mainly rock/pop/blues from the 60s to present.

Your advice is appreciated

Steve

Hi Steve

What size is your office?

Ordinarily I would say yes. However, from personal experience it is difficult to hear a significant difference if the acoustics are poor and you're tripping over stuff.

A

Anonymous

Hi Penguin

The room is 5x2.5m, the desk is positioned centrally along the long side, the speakers are on foam pads either side of the monitor about 1.5m apart and 6" from the wall. I know its not the ideal setup but its the only place i can get any peace!

Steve

TRENDING THREADS