Will the Sky HD remote turn up the sound on a Home Cinema device | Samsung Sound bar.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don’t have anything at the moment but have just ordered a Samsung 8000 and Sky HD. I have read that the sound on the LED Samsungs is poor. To counter this I think I may also purchase a HC box and speakers. The Samsung sound bar comes to mind as it has a BD player. My plan is to have it on all of the time to make the sound rich and listenable but I have a concern that I may have to use the HC remote to turn up the sound. My question is, is there a connection regime that links Sky HD to a TV and a HC box in which the sound is integrated and using the Sky remote is all that I need.

Frustratingly manufactures put these nice controls with their boxes but all we ever seem to use on a daily basis is the sky handset but I would not want to have to pick up a second device just to control the sound.

Further to, I believe also that because of the lack of audio over HDMI a HC system that does not have a digital input is not useable with a Sky HD system, is this correct. I am considering the Samsung sound bar as I hope but cannot confirm that the two units may integrate in some way but would appreciate anyone shedding light on what if any interworking Samsung offer.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Firstly soundbars kind of work but you have to be sat in the sweetspot, otherwise they're just a big expensive speaker under the TV (IMHO). Yes, you will need either an optical or digi-coax input for Sky+HD to enjoy discrete multi-channel DD5.1 audio. As for whether the Sky box will control the Samsung soundbar, you would need to try the codes that you'll find online. A much better solution is to buy a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony range. They are a breeze to setup and use and will really simplify your setup. You will never need to use the original remotes again!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the steering, I did imagine that would be the case with a soundbar but it I would very much like a specific answer to the question. Is it definately the case that turning up the sound with the sky remote does not increase the volume on a HC system however connected. I had already thought of the replacement remote option in which I program the volume to be the HC system and not the TV but that seems clumsy. I CANNOT believe that this is not considered a problem and that one control however fisher price is the way to go for 99% interaction with the TV.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
mmvi:I CANNOT believe that this is not considered a problem and that one control however fisher price is the way to go for 99% interaction with the TV.

Seriously mate, calm down. I would have thought that if the issue was that important to you you might have done a little research on the internet. A quick google will get you the following page:

http://www.astra2d.com/remote3.htm

This tells you how to program your Sky remote to control home cinema amps. It's the same as setting it up to control your TV volume but you press "1" instead of "0".

D

Deleted member 2457

I have a quick question about sky hd say if your hardrive was completely full up of recorded programmes would recording something else then delete what was at the begining on your recorded hard drive?

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel:I have a quick question about sky hd say if your hardrive was completely full up of recorded programmes would recording something else then delete what was at the begining on your recorded hard drive?

Not necessarily at the beginning of the harddrive, it'll delete such programs as are necessary to give it the space it needs. Unless of course you tell it not to, you can either do that on an individual program basis (in the planner, highlight the program and then press the blue button, I think, to "keep" the program, a "K" in a circle will appear next to the program) or I *think* you go into the settings somewhere and tell it not to delete programs at all. However doing that of course will mean when the harddrive does fill up you won't be able to record anything else.

D

Deleted member 2457

The first 3 programmes got deleted on my sky hd box and I am wandering how this happened, the box at the time was pretty full.

I will have a look a those settings and see if i can save some,

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks LHC I am amazed that this piece of information has got past me. That seems to be the solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts