Will the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 be a good move from my Sony BDP-S370?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I want a Panasonic BD/DVD player for 100 percent compatability with my Panasonic telly. (And to be able to get rid of one more remote control handset.)

I don't care about it's 3D abilities (hopefully that can be switched off) and it will spend 90 percent of it's useful life playing DVDs and BBC iPlayer (with just an occcasional BD).

Does BBC iPlayer work on the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 yet? (Or is that just a case of... "it's possible one day if we get around to it, maybe"?) If so, does it work well and does it have a better - or worse - iPlayer user interface than my Sony BDP-S370?

Does it sound at least as good as the S370? (I connect using digital optical into my Marantz M-CR603 for stereo sound, so I am not bothered about 5.1 or 7.1. I just want excellent stereo.)

My Sony has the option to switch off 'Quick-Start' so - as a result of leaving it switched off - we have never had any fan noise. Is the Panasonic as quiet?

Thanks in advance of any responses (especially from any actual BMP-BDT310 users).

A

Anonymous

hi, new to the forum. awiating delivery this morning of my panasonic DMP-BDT310 and i get the panasonic TX-P55VT30 on tuesday ready for instalation next saturday, very excited. will this be a good pairing?

A

Anonymous

hi, new to the forum. awiating delivery this morning of my panasonic DMP-BDT310 and i get the panasonic TX-P55VT30 on tuesday ready for instalation next saturday, very excited. will this be a good pairing?

chebby said:
I want a Panasonic BD/DVD player for 100 percent compatability with my Panasonic telly. (And to be able to get rid of one more remote control handset.)

I don't care about it's 3D abilities (hopefully that can be switched off) and it will spend 90 percent of it's useful life playing DVDs and BBC iPlayer (with just an occcasional BD).

Does BBC iPlayer work on the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 yet? (Or is that just a case of... "it's possible one day if we get around to it, maybe"?) If so, does it work well and does it have a better - or worse - iPlayer user interface than my Sony BDP-S370?

Does it sound at least as good as the S370? (I connect using digital optical into my Marantz M-CR603 for stereo sound, so I am not bothered about 5.1 or 7.1. I just want excellent stereo.)

My Sony has the option to switch off 'Quick-Start' so - as a result of leaving it switched off - we have never had any fan noise. Is the Panasonic as quiet?

Thanks in advance of any responses (especially from any actual BMP-BDT310 users).

I'm not sure what you mean by 100% compatibility, except for the Viera link which enables you to operate both the TV & the BD player with just 1 remote. But wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a universal remote?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
chebby said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 100% compatibility, except for the Viera link which enables you to operate both the TV & the BD player with just 1 remote. But wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a universal remote?

I agree with bb. It's difficult to beat the functionality of the Sony; and I can't imagine any difference in pic and sound quality with BDs will be significant.

Buy a decent all in one and replace all your remotes in one fell swoop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts