Buying a LGOLED55C6V tomorrow but will the rest of my kit be compatible with 4K???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Thanks gel

Any recommendations with regards to a receiver to look at??
Might want to speak to BigBoss or another member about that I am afraid. When you going to set your TV up?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks maye will do!

Hoping to get it up and running tomorrow fingers crossed. Will report back once it's up and running of course...hoping it really is the step up I am expecting.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Thanks maye will do!

Hoping to get it up and running tomorrow fingers crossed. Will report back once it's up and running of course...hoping it really is the step up I am expecting.
You will be blown away by it mate.
wink_smile.gif

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The Denons are good receivers starting with the x2300 which does atmos and dtsX... the atmos/ Dtsx is limited to 2 speakers at 5.1.2. Then there is the x4300 and does 4 atmos/dtsX speakers at 5.1.4 or 7.1.2.. I have the x6200 and its a beast... the marantz are also good value and BB will be able to provide feedback on these.

ive just gone 4K in our games room with a 55" LG 4K LCD and I've been watching some Netflix and amazon prime 4K and it whipes my Panny VT plasma with colours and brightness but not as good with blacks; and 4K is amasing on the grand tour on amazon prime. So, your new oled will be fantastic. I also have the Xbox one for a 4K disk spinner and is another option to think about, although I've not tried any 4k disks yet but will be when a couple of disks arrive next month.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi big boss,

I think I would go 7.1.2 in all honesty as that's as much as the other half will let me get away with.

As for budget I would go to £1200 but could go slightly more if required depending on how much I get for my existing kit.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Series1boy,

Thanks for your input as I hadn't even considered a Denon receiver but will have a look into them now.

I love my current Yamaha 2020 and wouldn't want to downgrade the sound I get from that so may need to arrange a demo or two to see how they stack up.

The tv will go up over the weekend by the looks of it and must say I'm really intrigued to see how far OLED has come since I got my 55930V.

Oldboy said:
Hi big boss,

I think I would go 7.1.2 in all honesty as that's as much as the other half will let me get away with.

As for budget I would go to £1200 but could go slightly more if required depending on how much I get for my existing kit.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.
Definitely demo the Marantz SR7011. I think Peter Tyson were selling it for £1100 or thereabouts. It's got all the bells and whistles you want, and amongst the most competitively priced AVRs for the feature set.

I went from Yamaha RX-V1900 (the RX-A2020 is the replacement model of this) to the Marantz SR7009, and the improvement was significant.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks bigboss!

The Marantz has gone on the list for demo. Is it as huge as it looks as I am a little pressed for shelf space as my 2020 only just fits on my rack height wise.

D

Deleted member 2457

How are you getting on with your TV Oldboy? Hope it's great mate.

Oldboy said:
Many thanks bigboss!

The Marantz has gone on the list for demo. Is it as huge as it looks as I am a little pressed for shelf space as my 2020 only just fits on my rack height wise.
Yamaha RX-A2020 is 435 x 192 x 467 mm

Marantz SR7011 is 440 x 185 x 441 mm

So height wise, Marantz is a bit smaller than the Yamaha.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:

Hello gel,

Unfortunately I just wasn't well enough to get it swapped over at the weekend and was camped out on the sofa.

The other half is going to help this afternoon as she is on an early shift but I've got to go for a chest x-ray first as still rough and off work. As bad as I feel I just can't leave it in the box any longer so today is the day and I have the bracket and tools out ready so will report back this evening all being well, can't wait to get it up and running now! *dance4*

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Oldboy said:
Many thanks bigboss!

Yamaha RX-A2020 is 435 x 192 x 467 mm

Marantz SR7011 is 440 x 185 x 441 mm

So height wise, Marantz is a bit smaller than the Yamaha.

Many thanks bigboss that's a much better fit all round than my 2020 which is admittedly a bit of a tight fit, in fact I can't get anything bigger onto my rack.

I'm getting into full selling mode after the TV goes up so when I sell the 55930V and 2020 I will be upgrading the receiver so hopefully just a matter of a few weeks away which gives me time to demo.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

Hello gel,

Unfortunately I just wasn't well enough to get it swapped over at the weekend and was camped out on the sofa.

The other half is going to help this afternoon as she is on an early shift but I've got to go for a chest x-ray first as still rough and off work. As bad as I feel I just can't leave it in the box any longer so today is the day and I have the bracket and tools out ready so will report back this evening all being well, can't wait to get it up and running now! *dance4*
thumbs_up.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

Just a post about my initial impressions of the LG OLED55C6V after having it up and running since Wednesday.

Got to say that this TV is exactly the upgrade I was hoping it would be and after watching a huge variety of content on Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray, 4K Nextlix in HDR and Dolby Vision along with HD and SD through the Tivo box. I am surprised about how well it copes with it all and even SD material is more than watchable which really surprised me!

It's clear great strides have been made with OLED by LG since I got my 55930V model as all my gripes about that set are not present on this one. So it's goodbye to the slight green tinge to whites visible on the centre of the screen and also goodbye to the slow menus and interface as this model is instant to react. The vignetting to blacks also seems to be a thing of the past along with the instances of black crushing leading to far more insight into dark scenes the like of which my previous tv wasn't capable of.

Special mention to the 3D performance too...it's such a shame it's been killed off when you see it in full effect on this tv as The Force Awakens was just incredible on 3D Blu-Ray. Detail, clarity and simply unrivalled 3D performance mix with oustanding black levels with huge amounts of detail and strong contrast to poduce an image that is outstanding and comfortable with passive glasses.

I've tried very hard to find fault as I hate just gushing over a new peice of kit but I'm really struggling with this one...perhaps the price? But when you factor in the performance levels even that isn't much of an issue. I've just thought of something though, not a fan of the remote which feels cheap in the hand and the button layout annoys me as the search button is in the position where your hand naturally grasps the remote so I keep pressing that rather than the select/ok button which is lower down. It really feels like I'm struggling for a negative though as I'm sure I will adjust quickly.

At this moment in time I couldn't be happier. This set delivers in every way I hoped it would and then some! *yahoo*

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Hello all,

Just a post about my initial impressions of the LG OLED55C6V after having it up and running since Wednesday.

Got to say that this TV is exactly the upgrade I was hoping it would be and after watching a huge variety of content on Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray, 4K Nextlix in HDR and Dolby Vision along with HD and SD through the Tivo box. I am surprised about how well it copes with it all and even SD material is more than watchable which really surprised me!

It's clear great strides have been made with OLED by LG since I got my 55930V model as all my gripes about that set are not present on this one. So it's goodbye to the slight green tinge to whites visible on the centre of the screen and also goodbye to the slow menus and interface as this model is instant to react. The vignetting to blacks also seems to be a thing of the past along with the instances of black crushing leading to far more insight into dark scenes the like of which my previous tv wasn't capable of.

Special mention to the 3D performance too...it's such a shame it's been killed off when you see it in full effect on this tv as The Force Awakens was just incredible on 3D Blu-Ray. Detail, clarity and simply unrivalled 3D performance mix with oustanding black levels with huge amounts of detail and strong contrast to poduce an image that is outstanding and comfortable with passive glasses.

I've tried very hard to find fault as I hate just gushing over a new peice of kit but I'm really struggling with this one...perhaps the price? But when you factor in the performance levels even that isn't much of an issue. I've just thought of something though, not a fan of the remote which feels cheap in the hand and the button layout annoys me as the search button is in the position where your hand naturally grasps the remote so I keep pressing that rather than the select/ok button which is lower down. It really feels like I'm struggling for a negative though as I'm sure I will adjust quickly.

At this moment in time I couldn't be happier. This set delivers in every way I hoped it would and then some! *yahoo*
Well done mate.
thumbs_up.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Oldboy, are you dying for a 4K blu ray player yet? Please go with the Oppo 203 you won't regret it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Hi gel,

You know me so well eh! What do you think?

It's my birthday next month...I think that's the excuse I was looking for! ;-)
Superb! Happy birthday mate.
regular_smile.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

Happily I sold my LG OLED55930V last night for £700 and have decided to delay purchasing a 4K player in favour of replacing the next highest priced piece of kit which is the receiver.

Now I'm very much torn between a Yamaha RX-A3050 at £1,299, the Marantz 7011 at £1,199 or this years Yamaha RX-A1060 or 2060 at £1,099 and £1,499.

Currently I'm thinking the 3050 offers the best value as it's £700 saving off of the list price is very tempting plus it offers everything I want and then some but reviews are hard to come by so I'm undecided.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks bigboss.

That reaffirms what I was thinking but it's a tough choice between the two! I can afford either so price isn't a factor it's more about performance and system matching along with spec which matters most.

I know you said the Marantz was excellent and you don't regret purchasing it but when I saw the 3050 for similar money I was thrown and now I can't decide between the two. The yamaha represents the best bargain that's my current thinking, plus it's a genuine upgrade to what I have now but then the same can be said of the 7011.

Genuinely a case of confused.com!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Ordered the Marantz SR7011 bigboss!

Can you tell me if it has a pre out for connecting my stereo amp and cd player or equivalent please? Looked at the back panel and couldn't see any sign of one which will be a massive problem if I can't connect my hi fi equipment to it.

Thank you.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigoss,

Quick update. My SR7011 arrived yesterday and it's up and running, so far I'm extremely impressed with it and it's a huge upgrade over my previous RX-A2020. It's so musical and capable of scale and detail I simply haven't experienced at home before!

I'm a very happy chappy and really won't want to go back to work on Monday *good*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts