Will my amp push the RX6?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey before I have my heart set on the RX6

Will me amp push these, Pioneer VSX-819

I was looking at the RX2, but, they just look to bulky for my likings.

Have been reading as well that the RX6 are more laid back than the RS1 and my amp is lively.

thanks.

A

Anonymous

I looked at the watts and looks ok.

So if two people think its ok, then will keep it on my list for upgrade in 2 months.

Thanks scene

A

Anonymous

Why not take your Amp into somewhere who stocks the RX6's like Audio T for instance, I'm sure they'll rig it up for you to listen to.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Will they?

Never done a demo, and have a few speakers that I want to hear.

scene

Funnily enough I've never bought any speakers without a demo...

Definitely demo - you might decide that the RX6s sound a little bright with the Pioneer - something I know others have commented about... In which case you could be saving some money. Might want to do a side by side with some other speakers - say B&W 684s just to make sure you're really happy - take your source in (if possible) and some bits of music that you know well and give a broad spectrum of your listening habits. Sevenoaks/Audio-T (now one big happy family) are pretty accommodatng on arranging demos, just might need a few days lead time...

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
canada16:

Hey before I have my heart set on the RX6

Will me amp push these, Pioneer VSX-819

I was looking at the RX2, but, they just look to bulky for my likings.

Have been reading as well that the RX6 are more laid back than the RS1 and my amp is lively.

thanks.

In my opion, the rx6 is quite a heavy car and I just cant see how speakers would be able to push it. sorry could not resist lol
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Will they?

Never done a demo, and have a few speakers that I want to hear.

Absolutely. They were over the top helpfull when I demoed.

As scene said give them plenty of warning.

Oh and the RX range won't be too bright with Pioneers. It's the RS range that many had this problem with.

but demo as much as you can.

A

Anonymous

Will go into audio t in cardiff as they seemed quite nice when I went in there a few months back, and they have an ok demo room.

I think I might like bright stuff, as I am not liking my Diamond 9.1 with my pioneer amp, they are not detailed enough.

I like treble as well as bass.

scene

piobob:

Oh and the RX range won't be too bright with Pioneers. It's the RS range that many had this problem with.

emotion-10.gif
Oops - have I got my RXs and RSs mixed up (again) - sorry!

A

Anonymous

Yeh I think dave said they are more layed back than the RS Series.

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Will go into audio t in cardiff as they seemed quite nice when I went in there a few months back, and they have an ok demo room.

I think I might like bright stuff, as I am not liking my Diamond 9.1 with my pioneer amp, they are not detailed enough.

If that's the case the RS's are cheaper.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

scene:piobob:

emotion-10.gif
Oops - have I got my RXs and RSs mixed up (again) - sorry!

Lol, would've been easier to have called them the BW's or something
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

piobob:canada16:

If that's the case the RS's are cheaper.
emotion-2.gif

Would love to have got some nice discount on the RS6 or 8, but I cant find any anywere in the country, they seem to go quick, once MA offer them at like half price.

I might see how much they reduce the BR5's down to, but they are 350 right now, so prob wont drop much less than that

A

Anonymous

canada 16,I have dealt with Nick in Audio T cardiff recently and he is very helpfull and HE will price match any other shops or internet prices,hope this helps.
ps try and deal with nick.

A

Anonymous

I asked if they would be internet prices and they said no but can give 10% ,not sure if that was a good thing or not.

I will be buying from them, as I said they have an ok shop, its a bit small, but its the best mid high end shop we have in cardiff.

Will give nick a call, after the BX review. and get my list ready

A

Anonymous

Just keep pleading poverty, they'll come round in the end.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts