Will Blu Ray be worthy for my TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My TV it's a Sony KDL-32V2000, 1366x768, around 2 years old, at that time with very good reviews. I'll replace it next year by a 37", with updated technology.

A local retailer has a good deal for the Sony BDP-S350, and I'd like to know if it will bring any improvement vs. my current dvd player - the (also Sony..) RDR-HX1010 (it upscales to 720p/1080i).

The second question would be if the BDP-S350 load times are also better when compared with the first Blu Ray models.

Thanks in advance for any advice to the above.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It will be a better picture and potentially much better sound (can't say for sure as you haven't mentioned if you have an HT setup). Whether this is worth the cost of the BDP-S350 and the purchase of a few Blu-Ray discs is something only you can answer really.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I've recently added a Yamaha Blu-ray player to my three-year-old Sony Bravia (HD-ready, not Full HD) 40in LCD, and there's a definite improvement in picture over my old DVD player, and as profhat says a massive improvement in sound with my AV system.

And yes, load times on the BDP-S350 should be quicker than some of the earlier Blu-ray models, which were painfully slow.

A

Anonymous

Hi amp1248, I think it's worth splashing out on a new blu-ray especially if you are thinking of upgrading screen (the new player may urge you to do it faster ;)) and also as professorhat said - depending on your home cinema set up the BR player could also affect how it sounds.

I currently have the Sony KDL-26V4500 and used to use it with an Xbox 360 for DVD's but then invested in the BDP-S350 (good ol' student loan) and the difference is huge for DVD and blu ray is amazing. Definitely noticeable improvement in terms of quality and motion. Discs also load pretty quickly, just have the "quick start" enabled in the options.

A

Anonymous

I'm really appreciated for your replies. Allow me a couple of questions more - even if only to antecipate a few days, as the BR decision is taken
emotion-1.gif
:

1 - why players like this require firmware update (for Profile 2.0) always? would understand the first ones leaving plant before the firmware is ready (?), but why going on after? is this known, or kind of marketing mistery?

2 - how will be the motion in my TV - may I expect judder not so noticeable as in a larger TV, or no relation with TV size? in the TV's in demo at the shops, specially in camera moves through large landscapes, it gets a dizzy feeling.

Thanks again to all!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts