Wife and Hi-Fi

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I Consider myself very lucky, My wife has a passion for HI-FI also. Not to the extreme like myselfe but she loves the sound and can definately apreciate and identify the differences in Hi-FI Sonics.

I recently purchased a new CD player a NAD C516 BEE to replace my Arcam CD73, A budget player and half the cost of the ARCAM, Due to funds being tight, The ARCAM Does work but has started to not read discs from time to time.

We placed Both players Side by side and using same cables (russ andrews power max and Kimbre interconnect playes some discs to see which player was best.

It was great to have a second opinion as we discussed the subtle difference in soundstage stereo image and detail from both players.

Im writing this to highlight women do have an interest and wonder are more women out there interested. I for one encourage women in our hobby it can only be a good thing

Anyone else with similare experience

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Mrs. Cno thinks I'm fruity as a nutcake :O .....secret is to make the system as Wife-Fi as possible (in my case an epic fail :doh: ).

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife has come with me to the Bristol Sound and Vision right from the start of our relationship. we have both enjoyed the differences we here each time we upgrade something. As I write this we Have a Phil Collins CD which just sounds fantastic. So many more things were heard than on previouse listens before the upgrades.

So I like you am very lucky.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would say that my wife is not soo much into hifi, but she is into music. That's what we have in common, and as such she recognizes and appreciates a good sound. As long as I can let her hear improvements I'm ok ;-)

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I too consider myself lucky here. My wife shares a love of music and we both spend many hours listening in preference to watching the goggle box (although we are partial to the odd 'box set' now and then).

She is generally unfussed about the particular look of hi fi kit and even enjoys listening and comparing equipment in shops when a new purchase is looming.

Having said that, she is quite relaxed about music sources and formats whereas I tend to be more anal about it being uncompressed flac. I prefer her approach and I'm trying to wean myself off this particular obsession!

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
My lady came with me to the High End show in Munich last month. She doesn't get into it like I do, but she can appreciate my passion for it and rather than be against it, she's quite accepting of it. Not much more I could ask for really!

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
My wife doesn't have time for all this nonsense. She asks me what she should listen to. She relies on me to load her iPod with new music. She pays the credit card bills.

And she is wonderful in every way.

:cheers:

Matt

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My wife and i we do have the SAME taste in music, we listen to music everyday as TV is always OFF, and only goes On to watch a movie, when it ends off again and music goes on!

Regarding hi-fi kit, the only place she goes with me is my Rega dealer, as it is a very different space, it is not an open store, is a house that is a store, and her wife is always present and the place feels like a normal home.

My last Rega TT upgrade she payed for the difference in secret. So can not complain! :dance:

in the last few months, i've spent a fair bit of money on upgrading my whole system.

up until i bought a turntable last weekend she had remained quiet about my indulgences,

she loves the sound of vinyl, the warmth, the crackle, the nostalgia.

as a child of the 90's its a whole new sound for her.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
robg1976 said:
I Consider myself very lucky, My wife has a passion for HI-FI also. Not to the extreme like myselfe but she loves the sound and can definately apreciate and identify the differences in Hi-FI Sonics.

I recently purchased a new CD player a NAD C516 BEE to replace my Arcam CD73, A budget player and half the cost of the ARCAM, Due to funds being tight, The ARCAM Does work but has started to not read discs from time to time.

We placed Both players Side by side and using same cables (russ andrews power max and Kimbre interconnect playes some discs to see which player was best.

It was great to have a second opinion as we discussed the subtle difference in soundstage stereo image and detail from both players.

Im writing this to highlight women do have an interest and wonder are more women out there interested. I for one encourage women in our hobby it can only be a good thing

Anyone else with similare experience

Ummm...yeah, not so much. Women definitely do not share our love of hifi. Let me explain, your wife is being what I would refer to as "nice". She is metaphorically patting you on the head and telling you to run along and play.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Mrs DIB was more concerned about the cabinet it all sits in, and how it fits into the decor of the room. She was over the moon when I got rid of a Soundstyle metallic stand and replaced it with a nice bespoke wooden jobbie bought off Ebay for a song.

A few years ago I had a lovely pair of Quad 12L2 speakers, beautiful finish. I swapped them out for a pair of EB Acoustics EB1 speakers, nice speakers but compared to the Quads horrible to look at. That prompted some debate.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
jaxwired said:
Ummm...yeah, not so much. Women definitely do not share our love of hifi. Let me explain, your wife is being what I would refer to as "nice". She is metaphorically patting you on the head and telling you to run along and play.

Sounds like your wife doesn't play ball and only Metaphorically pats you on the back toe say "Well done more money spent"

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Broner said:
chebby said:
Broner said:
My girlfriend is too pretty to like hifi. She likes bunnies instead.

Boiled?

Are you asking whether she is an obsessive stalker? (/captain subtext)

Boiled as in cooked, dear captain.

And where are all the wife + hifi photos?
lame.gif

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Broner said:
chebby said:
Broner said:
My girlfriend is too pretty to like hifi. She likes bunnies instead.

Boiled?

Are you asking whether she is an obsessive stalker? (/captain subtext)

Boiled as in cooked, dear captain.

And where are all the wife + hifi photos?
lame.gif

Girlfriend comrade, not wife. This the 21st century, in which privacy is also turning out to be a big issue. No photos for you, but I can tell you that she looks a lot like Meryl Streep in her younger years: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Meryl_Streep_by_Jack_Mitchell.jpg

For the purpose of choking the bishop I would however recommend the regular selection of adult video sites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts