why do some HDMI cables have input direction?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey all just a quick question

over the years i have used ixos cables of various types including scart component optical and hdmi all of which have an arrow indicating which way to connect to tv now i have van den hul hdmi and they do not have an indication! the question is why do ixos do this i know others do too and others do not is it just so you will always have it connected the same way over the time you have it?

cheers.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The arrows are there for signal direction meaning which way the company which manufactured the cable thinks it sounds best, after reading a book on it a long time ago one manufacture said if was because how the copper was spun.

The arrows should point from source to receiving equipment, example arrows should point from BD player to TV or AMP.

The reason some don't put arrows on there cable is because they believe there is no difference in signal quality, like Ecosse believe there is no difference, to me every cable sounds different one way to the other, but for picture I can not see any difference only sound.

Hope that helps a little.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks mate that makes sense to me as a reference for me with the van den hul cables i have i install them so i can read the text correctly as it goes from source to recieving equipment in my case ps3 and sky hd being the 2 sources and my tv being the receiving equipment

many thanks

TRENDING THREADS