Review Airpods Pro

joh75

Nov 7, 2019
Visit site
I've bought some and they are excellent. The seal is good with 3 different types of silicone tips. Assume someone will come up with a memory foam tip too at some point.

They are comfortable and secure. Surprisingly so...

Active noise cancelling is very good for an earphone and would be better with memory foam when and if it comes to beare.

Sound quality is even and balanced. These are NOT for bass heads. Perhaps they don't have the pseudo excitement of some competitors but i enjoy the evenness ad maturity of the sound. If i was to compare the sound to a typical loudspeaker signature i'd think the Sonus Faber sound or Kef Reference type of qualities or dare I say it Bang & Olufsen. A presentation that isn't in your face or offensive. Timbre and tone is excellent. Bass notes have a strong musicality to them. The lowest notes of a double bass retain the woody quality and the bottom E string on an electric bass has the vibration and musicality to know that it is in fact a bass and not a sequencer. Mids are reserved but communicative and never over powered and the tops are gentle and not at all sibilant. All of this is true to my ears on the type of music i listen to which typically consists of acoustic instrument or electric instruments played by "real" musicians and bands opposed to sequenced and programmed music.

The "tails" aren't as long as normal earpods and don't look as ridiculous.

Touch has been replaced with a squeeze for control. I think i prefered the touch but my wife likes the squeeze so i guess each to their own.

No volume control on the earpods but "hey Siri - change volume to 70%" works or simply "Hey Siri turn up / down the volume". Sorry if you don't have apple phone - this probably won't work.. BTW did you know that "hey siri" followed by "OK GOOGLE" activates google assistant !!!

The transparency mode sounds a bit weird but it is effective if a little artificial sounding. I've not checked to see if this works in stereo so you know what direction a sound is coming from which could be useful to know which way traffic is coming from.

Case is a little bigger than previously but still nicely finished and pocket friendly AND it has wireless charging. Battery life will do everything I want it to but not as good as others at a claimed 4.5 hours.

All in all i am thrilled with them.

zunexxx

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

How are the TWS earphones now? after the recent updates, are they still ok? I am considering getting these next week but am hesitant because I heard the sound and ANC got worse after the Jan update.

TRENDING THREADS