Which TV is best?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure you guys get asked this alot but I'm looking to buy a TV in the January sales and was wondering which was the best out of my shortlist. The new TV will be used for watching both sport and movies regularly (if that makes a difference). I will be connecting an upscaling DVD player and V+ box to the set as well as some speakers (none of which I have bought yet as its likely the TV will dictate what sort of DVD/speakers I will purchase).

All the TVs seem to going for around £1000 (or under) in various online shops and thats my budget limit.

Anyway the list is as follows:

Panasonic TH42PX70

Panasonic TH42PX700

Panasonic TH42PZ70

Sony KDL 40W2000

Toshiba 42WLT68

As you can see there's a few to choose from. Can anyone offer any advice?

A

Anonymous

As far as I am aware Plasma's are still regarded as best for Sports and movies because of their superior response rates and deeper blacks. If you play a lot of games then an LCD may be better though.

If I recall correctly the Panasonic 42PZ70 came out on top in the most recent copy of the magazine...

A

Anonymous

The Sony, being LCD, would be a good 'gamer' but it has now been replaced and I don't believe it can now compete with the plasmas for the sport and movie viewing that you want. The Panny PZ would be more 'future proof' (if there is such a thing) and give you good sound, but the £250 saved by buying the very good PX could be put towards your DVD/'All-in-one' system.

I know nothing about the Toshiba, sorry.

A

Anonymous

Don't rule out the Toshiba 42WLT68 -It's reputedly a great LCD TV and SD is also particulary good on it as watching Blu Ray and PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts