If you could buy any 65-inch TV, which would it be?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above, I am starting to miss my Panasonic 65-inch TV and was just wondering what the members on here saw as the best? I am thinking the LG 65E OLED, the Sony 65dx9305, the Panasonic 65dx902 or the Samsung 65k9000? Which would you choose and why? Ta

Paul.

I don't watch in absolute pitch black so I would take an LCD over an OLED, the peak luminance would give a wider dynamic range than 0 black in my living room. I loved the JS9000 I borrowed so I would probably go for a KS9000.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Probably an Oled because I just saw one on a demo that was amazing.

Actually, I would rather downsize on size and gain in quality. If ever a 40 inch oled comes around that would be my choice.

D

Deleted member 2457

Superaintit said:

Actually, I would rather downsize on size and gain in quality. If ever a 40 inch oled comes around that would be my choice.
Which OLED on demo did you see? Ta

D

Deleted member 2457

I do like the Samsung guys, I have seen it on demo in Currys and Richer Sounds and the brightness was amazing.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Superaintit said:

Which OLED on demo did you see?  Ta

The OLED55E6V.
I have no need for the speakerbar but the picture was something else. I can now understand why someone owning an oled would not want any other type of tv. It's a 4k tv, but what struck me most was that the picture just looks so 'right'. It's lifelike beyond compare. As a sidenote: I will be waiting for prices to come down, but that picture...man...I think I was completely taken by the reality of the picture and looking with my mouth open

D

Deleted member 2457

Superaintit said:
gel said:
Superaintit said:

Which OLED on demo did you see? Ta

The OLED55E6V. I have no need for the speakerbar but the picture was something else. I can now understand why someone owning an oled would not want any other type of tv. It's a 4k tv, but what struck me most was that the picture just looks so 'right'. It's lifelike beyond compare. As a sidenote: I will be waiting for prices to come down, but that picture...man...I think I was completely taken by the reality of the picture and looking with my mouth open
Ah nice, cheers. Where did you demo it?

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
samsung ue65ks9500. will be one of the best 65" available when its released.
Do you know when it's coming out? Cheers.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
spiny norman said:
nugget2014 said:
samsung ue65ks9500. will be one of the best 65" available when its released.

How can you tell, when it isn't even available yet?

samsung's tv's are always generally very good, theres no chance it will be worse than last year's js9500. it's either that or the panasonic i would pick. and the samsung ks9000 appeals to me more than the dx902, so the next model up gets my vote, released yet or not.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
samsung's tv's are always generally very good, theres no chance it will be worse than last year's js9500. it's either that or the panasonic i would pick. and the samsung ks9000 appeals to me more than the dx902, so the next model up gets my vote, released yet or not.

Ah right, so pure supposition then. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
Is the answer to the thread question 'every one in John Lewis/Costco/Currys, one after another'?
Nope.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought the LG OLED 65-inch E model, being delivered Thursday. *drinks*

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
*WALL*

Didn't you buy the 55-inch version of the same model but didn't like it??
No, I have only had the LG 55eg960v which was faulty.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
The 65 inch model is known to have banding problems that the 55 inch doesnt have..many owners have the problem on avforums with their 65 inch set.

TRENDING THREADS