Which TV do you think is best?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above. Thanks.

Cnet.com thinks this LG OLED is best:

WHF thinks this Sony OLED is best:

The best LED TV either Samsung or Sony. With Sony giving a more natural picture.

Best LED the Samsung 75Q900a and best 8K TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman1952

As above. Thanks.

Cnet.com thinks this LG OLED is best:

WHF thinks this Sony OLED is best:

This is the best LED TV:

WHF says for the Sony
“No VRR (yet), buggy 4K@120Hz”
so how can it be the best TV?
The LG G1 does it fine. Best picture and certainly the best for gaming! 🙂

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

Tinman1952

Whatever one does what you want, (Although don’t worry about smart features as smart sticks are cheap) gives you the picture that suits your eyes and room, and allows you to sit back and enjoy without wishing you had bought something different. (There is no one size fits all)

Bill
You posted the exact same reply in another thread…..🙄
How does your ‘smart stick’ allow ALLM or VRR and 4K 120Hz gaming in Dolby vision…?

abacus

You posted the exact same reply in another thread…..🙄
How does your ‘smart stick’ allow ALLM or VRR and 4K 120Hz gaming in Dolby vision…?

The items you mention have nothing to do with smart features, they are hardware instigated items which if you need then, make sure the TV you buy supports them. (Whatever TV does what you want)

Bill

Tinman1952

None of them and all of them, there is no one size fits all, however if the TV has everything else you want but is just lacking in smart features, then don’t dismiss it, as smart sticks that provide all the smart features/apps you need are cheap.

Bill
I’m sorry but your response is neither relevant or indeed helpful.
A TV these days is much more than merely a display…….

D

Deleted member 2457

Then the OP should have bee n more specific. Most people still buy TV's based on the quality of the picture.
Abacus's reply is perfectly valid.
Yes, I did think about stuff like Apps, which I consider more important than ever these days and features eg VRR etc, but in the end I thought all responses would be useful.

Reactions: Tinman1952
D

Deleted member 2457

Remember the days when plasma used to win every year and it normally came down to best black level on the TV. I suppose it still does though.

D

Deleted member 2457

My brother has a Samsung, I have a Sony. He’s jealous of my natural looking colours…
I haven’t seen any of the current Sony TVs up close but I did consider putting them at the top as best LED in the end I thought with movie mode that Samsung is getting more natural every year. I am also not sure which Sony LED is best. Does anyone know which Sony LED model is their best TV? I know they have some 8K models which might be the best.

D

Deleted member 2457

I haven’t seen any of the current Sony TVs up close but I did consider putting them at the top as best LED in the end I thought with movie mode that Samsung is getting more natural every year. I am also not sure which Sony LED is best. Does anyone know which Sony LED model is their best TV? I know they have some 8K models which might be the best.
Yes, its the Sony 8K model which WHF consider Best Buy if you want 8K too much like the Samsung 8K it competes with:

When I replaced my other Sony last year, I went to the top of the LED tree - I was tempted by the next model up, but decided to avoid OLED due to screen burn. I think this one is two models above my old one, but it’s loads better, far better black levels and brightness, which produces a much more vivid picture with better depth.. Probably doesn’t compete with OLED for pure black levels, but looks more natural - rather like comparing Sony and JVC projectors (SXRD vs DILA).

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

When I replaced my other Sony last year, I went to the top of the LED tree - I was tempted by the next model up, but decided to avoid OLED due to screen burn. I think this one is two models above my old one, but it’s loads better, far better black levels and brightness, which produces a much more vivid picture with better depth.. Probably doesn’t compete with OLED for pure black levels, but looks more natural - rather like comparing Sony and JVC projectors (SXRD vs DILA).
Sony seem to be covering a lot of Apps too now. (y)

Tinman1952

Then the OP should have bee n more specific. Most people still buy TV's based on the quality of the picture.
Abacus's reply is perfectly valid.
With great respect I have to disagree.
Picture quality is extremely important but most TVs have a great picture these days and it‘s the ‘other’ features that affect a purchasing decision.
Particularly for gamers. Silly to blame the OP for subsequent posts which believe the TV specs are unimportant because you can do it all with a ‘smart’ box. It’s just not true…. 🙄

D

Deleted member 2457

This Sony is awesome and is now top of my next TV wish list with whatever the new model is:

View: https://youtu.be/oD8g-igqThU

D

Deleted member 2457

I’m not really worried about the apps myself as I’m a physical media sort of person, and I get my Netflix and Prime from my Bluray player anyway. It has allowed me access to MUBI though, which has a lot more foreign films available.
I have just subscribed to Now TV (thanks to BB) and enjoy watching the movies and entertainment Sky Channels. That’s about the only one I need.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I should concentrate on the 4K models now and I think this is the new best 4K model in LED for Sony:

Tinman1952

Yes, screen burn did it for me with OLED too.
It’s a myth with modern sets. Samsung should take the blame for most of this ‘propaganda’….and yet they are now changing to OLED themselves!
I’ve had OLED for over 3 years now and watch Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and Disney+ with approximately 3 hours a day of gaming. No issues…no screen burn or even image retention….(if you don’t know the difference then look it up)
Many tests on Youtube showing it is not an issue…..

TRENDING THREADS