Which TV do you think is best?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

It’s a myth with modern sets. Samsung should take the blame for most of this ‘propaganda’….and yet they are now changing to OLED themselves!
I’ve had OLED for over 3 years now and watch Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and Disney+ with approximately 3 hours a day of gaming. No issues…no screen burn or even image retention….(if you don’t know the difference then look it up)
Many tests on Youtube showing it is not an issue…..
I’ve had screen burn with 3 LG OLED sets.

Tinman1952

They were roughly 3 and half years old when they got screen burn. So this new models don’t get screen burn I don‘t trust because how unearth do they know?
Ok. Well I know some B8 models suffered from screen burn but apparently the newer models have better panel heat dissipation, pixel shifting, reduced
luminence on static logos and self refreshing of the pixels every 4 hours or so. I’m not saying it cannot happen but hopefully in ‘normal use’ it should not be a problem. 🤞

abacus

With great respect I have to disagree.
Picture quality is extremely important but most TVs have a great picture these days and it‘s the ‘other’ features that affect a purchasing decision.
Particularly for gamers. Silly to blame the OP for subsequent posts which believe the TV specs are unimportant because you can do it all with a ‘smart’ box. It’s just not true…. 🙄

I did not say anywhere in my posts that a smart box can do everything, only smart features/apps, plus a lot of high end cinema users usually get an Apple TV Box no matter how good the smart features on the TV are. (You seem to be mixing up software features (Which a smart box/stick can easily do) with hardware features (Which have to be designed and built into the TV?) whereas my posts separate the 2)

Bill

With great respect I have to disagree.
Picture quality is extremely important but most TVs have a great picture these days and it‘s the ‘other’ features that affect a purchasing decision.
Particularly for gamers. Silly to blame the OP for subsequent posts which believe the TV specs are unimportant because you can do it all with a ‘smart’ box. It’s just not true…. 🙄
you obviously don't know Gel

Tinman1952

I did not say anywhere in my posts that a smart box can do everything, only smart features/apps, plus a lot of high end cinema users usually get an Apple TV Box no matter how good the smart features on the TV are. (You seem to be mixing up software features (Which a smart box/stick can easily do) with hardware features (Which have to be designed and built into the TV?) whereas my posts separate the 2)

Bill
Yes Bill I too have an Apple TV 4K box. 🙂 With respect I am not mixing up any features. I certainly understand the difference between hardware and software features. My point was that the ‘hardware’ features are usually key to the purchasing decision these days…particularly for gamers. Nearly all TVs have ‘smart’ features these days. Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung all have their own systems. You’d be hard pressed to find a TV without these features.

D

Deleted member 2457

Do you reckon Panasonic OLED TVs have Kuro technology like the Panasonic VT20 plasma did?

D

Deleted member 2457

Depends on what you mean by Kuro technology. None of the panel technology would be present, because Panasonic don't make the OLED panels themselves. Picture processing technology, yes there will be.
Thanks BB. (y)

Tinman1952

I believe Kuro was a plasma only technology which applied to the phosphor layer of the display to give better black levels. As far as I know Panasonic OLED panels are supplied by LG Display. Of course Panasonic uses its own picture processing which some calibrators believe is the highest quality.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

I believe Kuro was a plasma only technology which applied to the phosphor layer of the display to give better black levels. As far as I know Panasonic OLED panels are supplied by LG Display. Of course Panasonic uses its own picture processing which some calibrators believe is the highest quality.
That’s why I thought I would mention Panasonic OLED TVs because I know some people believe that it’s the best TV. (y)

It’s a myth with modern sets. Samsung should take the blame for most of this ‘propaganda’….and yet they are now changing to OLED themselves!
I’ve had OLED for over 3 years now and watch Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and Disney+ with approximately 3 hours a day of gaming. No issues…no screen burn or even image retention….(if you don’t know the difference then look it up)
Many tests on Youtube showing it is not an issue…..
There’s a nice big thread on AVF that claims otherwise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts