Which sub-woofer - REL T5 or BK XLS200?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How good is the BK?, I've seen and heard a number of good comments in respect of it, but no formal review. Originally I was looking at the B&W ASW608, but my local HiFi retailer does not rate it and rcommends the REL T5 instead, however the BK has also been recommended but it has not been possible to arrange a 'side by side' listening. The sub will be partnering B&W 684's a B&W HTM62 and B&W MT1's used as the rears. Should I be considering something higher up the BK range, such as the XXLS400 or Monolith?, the system is used for both movies and music and there are some comments that the monolith is great for movies but not good with music. It seems the more I look into this, the more confusing the situation becomes. Thanks guys

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What is the upper limit of your buget?

Are you using it for 2 channel?

How big is your room?

What is your other equipment?

The answers to these type of questions make giving advice easier.

For what it's worth, (IMO) if you want VFM go with BK, if you have more to spend, my choice would be Velodyne spl range.

A

Anonymous

for movies and music i would go for the REL, i would also consider looking at second hand REL's, i picked up my R-305 for £300 and its superb.

A

Anonymous

I'm faced with the same dilemma. There seem to be a lot of BK Fanboys out there. Not that i question the BK's capabilities but the T5 is a new product and as yet hasn't been reviewed or tested to be able to make a comparison and i don't want to write it off completely just yet. I know looks aren't everything but the T5 certainly has the edge over the BK in that respect. Although power and depth wise the BK wins outright. But i too have heard that with music the BK subs lack subtlety and have higher distortion and generally aren't as musical as their REL counterparts, i guess it all boils down to whether music or movies are your priority. I myself am hoping that the T5 will get an independent review soon so i can finally make up my mind!

A

Anonymous

The BK for me everytime!

Its a fantastic sub for only £300 it really should be somewhere near double this value.

A

Anonymous

As well as the T5 get a listen to the Velodyne Impact 10. Similar price, better than the 608.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Why not use the B&W ASW610 with your B&W Speakers? I am delighted with mine and use it with the B&W 685 Theatre.

Best wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts