Help with Denon AVC3700h and B&W PV1 Sub

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big_AL

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
May i suggest the following:
Set the volume to 12 O'clock
Phase to +
EQ to 1
Hz to 140

And re run Audyssey.

Also it is well worth paying £20.00 for the Audyssey app if you have an iPad. But try the above first.
Hi Michael, I used the above settings and ran the Audssey, but still doesn't sound right. I forgot to mention, I am using the B&W M1 for Front L&R suround L&R, but for the centre I am using B&W CWM6, which is in the stud below the TV. I just noticed on the CWM6 manual.pdf that i t has a HF switch, the Audssey setup keeps changing this speaker to 40hz

michael hoy

Hi Michael, I used the above settings and ran the Audssey, but still doesn't sound right. I forgot to mention, I am using the B&W M1 for Front L&R suround L&R, but for the centre I am using B&W CWM6, which is in the stud below the TV. I just noticed on the CWM6 manual.pdf that i t has a HF switch, the Audssey setup keeps changing this speaker to 40hz

Are you happy with the speakers but not the bass from the sub.
Did you have to turn the sub volume up or down when running audyssey this time.
Manually set your speakers to small if any are set to large.
Change all crossovers for the speakers (not sub) to 80hz for starters.

Big_AL

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Are you happy with the speakers but not the bass from the sub.
Did you have to turn the sub volume up or down when running audyssey this time.
Manually set your speakers to small if any are set to large.
Change all crossovers for the speakers (not sub) to 80hz for starters.
Everything just sounded flat, I have since changed settings for the speakers including the centre speaker to 90hz and the sub is set to 120hz on the amp and 120z on the pv1 it's self. I have the HF switch on the centre speaker set in the midddle and I have enabled Dynamic volume on the amp and set it to medium compression. Its sounds alot better now, but still needs some tweaking. I don't understand the whatthe phase on the PV1 does and still not sure how the Hz is handled on each speaker. If you set the sub to 120hz, does that mean it can play everything up to 120hz, and should the hz on the amp and PV1 match?

michael hoy

Everything just sounded flat, I have since changed settings for the speakers including the centre speaker to 90hz and the sub is set to 120hz on the amp and 120z on the pv1 it's self. I have the HF switch on the centre speaker set in the midddle and I have enabled Dynamic volume on the amp and set it to medium compression. Its sounds alot better now, but still needs some tweaking. I don't understand the whatthe phase on the PV1 does and still not sure how the Hz is handled on each speaker. If you set the sub to 120hz, does that mean it can play everything up to 120hz, and should the hz on the amp and PV1 match?
Don't use Dynamic Volume, this is really for watching at night and not disturbing others,
No need to match the Hz on the amp and the sub, this was a starting point, you can turn that in stages to around 80Hz if your speakers are set to 80Hz and listen if it is worse or better.
80Hz is the give standard for the speakers, however if your speakers don't go that low set them higher. This will then force any signal below that setting to the Sub.
Your PV1 manual has this as a guide for the phase.
Fine-tuning Home theatre - With home theatre the subwoofer (LFE) signal is a separate channel rather than an extension of the signal to the satellite speakers. The low-pass filter does not operate in the line level input circuit, because the processor provides all the filtering for any speakers set to "small". However, the position of the phase switch must still be assessed. Normally the phase will be set to +, but if the subwoofer is positioned at a distance significantly different from the other speakers, or the power amplifier driving the other speakers happens to invert the signal, the – position may be preferable. Listen with the switch in both positions and choose the one that gives the fullest sound. If there is little difference, leave the switch at +.

Don't re run Audeyssey at this point.

jordanfx

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
sounds fine but would i be better off setting volume for sub on reciever to 0 and controlling the sub volume on sub its an m j acoustics pro 50 mk3 so has gain control.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts