Help with Denon AVC3700h and B&W PV1 Sub

Big_AL

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have just recently upgraded my amp from my Denon 2310 to the new Denon AVC3700H.

Current setup

Sony 55" oled
SKYQ 2tB box
Denon AVC-3700H
B&W MT30

I used the setup mic, but the sound doesn't sound as good as my 2310, during the setup it told told me to turn down the volume control on the sub, until it show 75db on the TV calibration window. The volume knob on the PV1 is now about 1/3 of the way, where before with the 2310 I had the PVI volume knob set just over half way.

Sub settings on amp
LFE 120Hz

Settings on the actual PV1 Sub

Phase set half way
EQ set to II
Hz 80

I watch tv programmes, Movies and listen to music through youtube

Please advice as I am not sure of any of these settings. What settings should I use on the amp LFE or LFE + Main, what should I set the Hz to,

and also should I change any of the settings on my actual PV1?

Any help is greatly appreciated

D

Deleted member 196519

I had the same issue when I bought the Denon 6500 amp. I ended up returning the amp and going back to my Pioneer amp.

Big_AL

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
You don't have to stick to Audyssey recommendations. If you find it too low, increase the volume control on the sub back to half and see how it sounds.

Ok thanks, I will try increasing the sub volume. There just doesn't seem to be any bass even when on the SKY music channels compared to my 2310

D

Deleted member 196519

Ok thanks, I will try increasing the sub volume. There just doesn't seem to be any bass even when on the SKY music channels compared to my 2310
I know. There was another reason I returned the Denon too and that was because on Bluetooth streaming the music juddered too. I couldn’t also connect my Arcam r-Blink to it to see if that worked perfectly.

D

Deleted member 196519

And on Blu-Ray Audio discs it wouldn’t play them in 5.1 just stereo!

D

Deleted member 196519

All the Blu Ray Audio discs i have Gel are only Stereo (2.0), Not seen one that has a 5.1 track on these discs.
That‘s messed up they do at least 2.1 sound. DTS Master Audio 5.1 DTS Master Audio 2.1 too! Which amp do you have?

D

Deleted member 196519

This has nothing to do with the amp. It's down to how the disc is coded and check if the settings are right.
Denon settings on the amps are not right and I don’t know how to fix them.

D

Deleted member 196519

I will go through my collection and the sound on my Blu-ray Audio discs later on this thread. Cheers.

Denon settings on the amps are not right and I don’t know how to fix them.

From Denon website:

Please first make sure that an A / V receiver is connected via HDMI which can decode the respective audio format, The Blu-ray player will need to configured to output Bitstream audio via HDMI". Insert a Blu-ray HD disc that contains HD audio, and launch it ( You may need to ensure that you have selected the HD audio through the menu of the Blu-ray disc.While the film is running, press on the remote control the MODE button and select the option "BD Audio Mode". In order to output the HD sound formats, you must set the value of this "mix-audio" change to "HD Audio".

D

Deleted member 196519

I will go through my collection and the sound on my Blu-ray Audio discs later on this thread. Cheers.
Hi Michael, the following:

Elton John The Yellow Brick Road DTS Master Audio 5.1
Rolling Stones GRR DTS Master Audio 5.1
George Michael Symphonica DTS Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby True High Definition
Amy Winehouse Back to Black DTS Master Audio 5.1
Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction DTS Master Audio 5.1
John Lennon Imagine DTS Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby True High Definition
Queen A Night At The Opera DTS Master Audio 5.1 Dolby True HD PCM
The Beatles Master Audio 5.1
Bob Marley Legend DTS Master Audio Dolby True HD PCM
Bon Jovi DTS Master Audio Dolby True HD PCM

All of these discs play in their proper soundtrack on my Pioneer amp on the Denon in 2.0!

D

Deleted member 196519

From Denon website:

Please first make sure that an A / V receiver is connected via HDMI which can decode the respective audio format, The Blu-ray player will need to configured to output Bitstream audio via HDMI". Insert a Blu-ray HD disc that contains HD audio, and launch it ( You may need to ensure that you have selected the HD audio through the menu of the Blu-ray disc.While the film is running, press on the remote control the MODE button and select the option "BD Audio Mode". In order to output the HD sound formats, you must set the value of this "mix-audio" change to "HD Audio".
Blu-rays we’re fine BB, we are talking about Blu-ray Audio discs…

D

Deleted member 196519

Lionel Ritchie DTS Master Audio 5.1
Tommy The Who DTS Master Audio 5.1

D

Deleted member 196519

You should still check the settings. There's nothing in the amp to prevent the blu ray audio disc which is coded at 5.1 to play at 5.1. it's all down to settings. And obviously ensure it's connected via HDMI cable.
Yep, but I couldn’t figure it out it worked nothing like a Pioneer amp or Yamaha amp.

D

Deleted member 196519

I also had 2 Nirvana’s Blu-Ray Audios both in DTS 5.1 Master Audio. My entire collection does DTS Master Audio 5.1 soundtracks!

michael hoy

Hi Gel,
I have the two below from your list and they are only 2.0.
The do have HD master and DTS but not 5.1.

D

Deleted member 196519

Hi Gel,
I have the two below from your list and they are only 2.0.
The do have HD master and DTS but not 5.1.

Oh yeah!image.jpg

TRENDING THREADS