Which One? Little Hair left :-)

Pete H

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi one & all

I'm shortly moving into a new house which has Superfast broadband. The question is which provider for a combo package of TV, Broadband & phone? At the mo BT seems to be edging it but I'm struggling to sort the differences.

Ideally, would have recordable Freeview/Sat service and good wifi.

Suggestions and comments please.

Regards

Pete

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Pete H said:
Hi one & all

I'm shortly moving into a new house which has Superfast broadband. The question is which provider for a combo package of TV, Broadband & phone? At the mo BT seems to be edging it but I'm struggling to sort the differences.

Ideally, would have recordable Freeview/Sat service and good wifi.

Suggestions and comments please.

Regards

Pete

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ofcom-bt-tops-broadband-internet-and-pay-tv-complaints-list

BT most complained about.

Virgin Media and Sky least complained about.

IME Virgin Media are excellent but i've only been using them for over 7 years without complaint (so far).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What TV channels do you want? If it's just Freeview / Freesat, you can go for any broadband and phone package (I use Plusnet and have found them excellent), and just get a standalone Freeview recorder. The Humax YouView box is also excellent - it costs more upfront to do it this way, but it'll save you money in the long run. i was talking about this with a colleague the other day and he was telling me how money he wasted on Virgin Media since he only ever watched the Freeview channels. But he's locked into a contract at the moment so can't change it till this ends.

Just something for thought.

Pete H

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
UMMMM

I'm thinking of the Pure Avalon with just superfast broadband feed. This should minimise costs but offer a reasonable selection of channels via freeview.

Has anyone used this unit yet?

Rgds

Pete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts