Which LCD is better? I am going crazy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I am at present looking for a good LCD TV in range of £400-£450. I will be using it for watching Freeview SD signal (doesn’t matter if it is build in or not) (50% of time), PC monitor and movies from PC (40% of time) and with DVD (10%).
I’ve already made a list of my favourites. For me they are very similar. I read some reviews but it is still hard to choose. I also have seen 3 of them, and haven’t noticed big difference. I know all their parameters but I would like to ask you for opinions about their quality, performance and reliability. Which make is more reliable? Can anyone, also tell me something about the quality of digital tuners build-in those TVs (only LG 32LC3R doesn't have one)

Sharp LC32AD5E (seen)
Hitachi L32H01 (seen)
LG 32LC56 (seen)
LG 32LC3R
Philips 32PFL5522

Thank you

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You're not going to like this, but....

I wouldn't recommend any of those sets. For that money (assuming shop-around rather than list price), you can buy much better. Several examples in our 32in Supertest in the October issue, on sale next Thursday, which goes into detail re tuner performance for each set.

A

Anonymous

thank you :)

straight and honest answers are the best...I will try to put off till thursday

and what about Panasonic TX-32LM70?[/b]

is it worth its price? or is it still better to wait for the test results?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We haven't tested this particular Panasonic - it's the entry-level in the company's range, with a lesser spec (noticeably 50Hz rather than 100Hz refresh rate, so you may get some motion issues) than the five-star rated (but admittedly more expensive) TX-32LXD70.

Having said that, we haven't seen a bad new-season Pana yet.

A

Anonymous

32LXD70 is over my limit, but maybe i would be able to get it for a little bit less...

I know it is worth pay a bit more for a better quality, but unfortunately my budget is limited,

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We totally understand - the test has two distinct price classes, including several excellent models available for your budget.

Our forthcoming Awards will also feature a range of price points for different TV sizes.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Clare for your help,

So now I am looking forward to grab a new issue of your magazine :)

A

Anonymous

Just like Clair said, I wouldn't recommend really recommend
any of those tv's either. I've seen them all except the Hitachi and the
left me very unimpressed. Especially the LG, pictures looked very bland
and the black weren't even really black, but grey. My personal opinion
is that the Philips is the best one, but I'd really wait for the new
magazine to see what's been reviewed.

A

Anonymous

With that Toshiba the thing is that...i don't really like the picture. i also read some reviews which weren't positive about it as well.
i will wait till Thursday :) then try to decide...i'd like to buy one to the end of August

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Tosh is in the test, too....

In fact, here's the full line-up:

Bush LCD32TV016HD

Hitachi L32H01

JVC LT-32DG8BJ

Panasonic TX-32LXD700

Philips 32PFL9632D

Samsung LE32R87BD

Sanyo CE32LD81-D

Sharp LC32RD2E

Sony KDL-32D3000

Toshiba 32C3030DB

A

Anonymous

There's 3 sets on that list which I'm interested in so should make good reading!

A

Anonymous

i've been looking at the Sony KDL32d3000, Panasonic TX32LXD70, Samsung LE32M86(7)BD & have been waiting for this issue as i read about it including the 32" reviews, as the Samsung isn't on the list (any reason you chose the samsung on your list & not this one - i thought this was the newer model?) have you had any dealing with it? Also just seen the new 32" Humax with the recorder inbuilt which seems quite nice, any info on this, i seem to be struggling to find the Brightness & Contrast stats for it even on their own website!

A

Anonymous

Go for the Toshiba c3030. I have one and it's fantastic.... and it's within your budget.

A

Anonymous

Yes, it is within the budget, but dont like its picture quality at all. Sharp looks much better.
There are many cons:

".Some light banding, where gradiations between colours were obvious rather than smooth. Lowering the TV's Contrast control helped, but it wasn't possible to completely obliterate the problem."
I've noticed that and it doesn't look nice at all. It is decreasing the overall impression quite a bit.

".red push (oversaturated reds) is present on a blue colour temperature palette. Colours look oversaturated across the board and image noise is quite obvious on many scenes."

".Primary green and red colours are mildly inaccurate. Green takes on a bluish tinge and red is undersaturated with a orange tint."

".The Toshiba suffers from visible digital noise on a wide variety of material, even from 8 feet."

Summary of all "against":
£ Below average blacks
£ Red push
£ Mildly inaccurate red and green
£ Minor vertical banding
£ No greyscale controls
£ No Picture-in-picture
£ Digital noise without noise reduction

That's why I am not convinced to that set at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts