KEF LS50 Wireless - First Impressions

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
davidf said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Nice try *biggrin* personal prefrences, examples, we're all different, etc. seen and heard it all before. Only when it suits your agenda *biggrin* Let's face it we've seen this before from you particularly with your attempts to undemine JL Audio on here and on other sites from 2012 onwards *smile* I believe Kii Audio was mentioned on here once before about a week or two ago. Over the last few days the brand has been mentioned in the main to address your growing insecurity based on what you've been seeing elsewhere *biggrin* It was enevitable *smile*
Whoosh. That's the sound of your logic flying right over my head and off into the distance.

Btw, thanks for telling us about the show you'll be attending and what you'll be using. This could be viewed in a number of ways *biggrin*
Well the way most would view it is that I'm informing the users of whichever forum I post it on that I'll be at that show, and they can pop in and say hello if they like, and that they can hear what I have to offer, if they like. I've not 100% finalised what I'll be using at the Home HiFi Show in two weeks time, but I'll be posting it up once I have.

Are you doing any shows? Or just hanging around your current favourite brand's doorway? Odd really, as other dealers have visited me at shows and wished me well, and we've now become friends. You were friends with me when we both worked at Superfi all those years ago, and even a few years after that as we shared a train back from the Bristol Show once. Some time after that though, you changed.

I personally don't understand what you're playing at, but I'm not going to let you drag me down with you, so this is my last interaction with yourself.

And now it boils down to whoosh. Never mind.

Let me be clear. You were a distant in colleague who worked in Birmingham and nothing else and even then you were difficult to deal with. As to the train journey in 2006 from Bristol we just happened to be on the same carriage and in the same area. Nothing was planned. And you fell asleep five minutes in and woke up shortly before New Street.

Your attitude changed in 2008 when you realised what I was doing and since then it was a case of well i work for Uncle Frank and who the hell are you attitude.

You are more than welcome to pretend and show the world as much as you like that you don't understand. Next on your agenda you'll claiming you don't understand what's happened with Rob at Gecko *biggrin*

I believe I haven't interacted with you since February/March but your recent unfortunate actions promoted me to. I am glad that I won't have to again. Fine by me. Just mind your own business *smile*

My sincere apologies to the rest of the Forum and guests.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
davidf said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Nice try *biggrin* personal prefrences, examples, we're all different, etc. seen and heard it all before. Only when it suits your agenda *biggrin* Let's face it we've seen this before from you particularly with your attempts to undemine JL Audio on  here and on other sites from 2012 onwards *smile* I believe Kii Audio was mentioned on here once before about a week or two ago. Over the last few days the brand has been mentioned in the main to address your growing insecurity based on what you've been seeing elsewhere *biggrin* It was enevitable *smile*
Whoosh. That's the sound of your logic flying right over my head and off into the distance. 

Btw, thanks for telling us about the show you'll be attending and what you'll be using. This could be viewed in a number of ways *biggrin*
Well the way most would view it is that I'm informing the users of whichever forum I post it on that I'll be at that show, and they can pop in and say hello if they like, and that they can hear what I have to offer, if they like. I've not 100% finalised what I'll be using at the Home HiFi Show in two weeks time, but I'll be posting it up once I have.

Are you doing any shows? Or just hanging around your current favourite brand's doorway? Odd really, as other dealers have visited me at shows and wished me well, and we've now become friends. You were friends with me when we both worked at Superfi all those years ago, and even a few years after that as we shared a train back from the Bristol Show once. Some time after that though, you changed.

I personally don't understand what you're playing at, but I'm not going to let you drag me down with you, so this is my last interaction with yourself. 

And now it boils down to whoosh. Never mind. 

Let me be clear. You were a distant in colleague who worked in Birmingham and nothing else and even then you were difficult to deal with. As to the train journey in 2006 from Bristol we just happened to be on the same carriage and in the same area. Nothing was planned. And you fell asleep five minutes in and woke up shortly before New Street. 

Your attitude changed in 2008 when you realised what I was doing and since then it was a case of well i work for Uncle Frank and who the hell are you attitude.

You are more than welcome to pretend and show the world as much as you like that you don't understand. Next on your agenda you'll claiming you don't understand what's happened with Rob at Gecko *biggrin* 

I believe I haven't interacted with you since February/March but your recent unfortunate actions promoted me to. I am glad that I won't have to again. Fine by me. Just mind your own business *smile*

My sincere apologies to the rest of the Forum and guests. 

Imo absolutely shameless but now I have to feel some sort of compassion as it must be very hard on you trying to be top hifi salesman. This latest ranting could be a cry for help though so please don't put so much pressure on yourself.
Here get some help now
It's never too late
https://www.samaritans.org

Or just play nice
As there is more than enough room in this world for 2 hifi shops
This is a free forum and anyone can post what they want to say.
You don't get to control that I'm afraid.

You also claim that David is difficult to deal with.
Well I know who id rather deal with out of the 2 of you.

Andrewjvt said:
Imo absolutely shameless but now I have to feel some sort of compassion as it must be very hard on you trying to be top hifi salesman. This latest ranting could be a cry for help though so please don't put so much pressure on yourself. Here get some help now It's never too late https://www.samaritans.org

Or just play nice As there is more than enough room in this world for 2 hifi shops This is a free forum and anyone can post what they want to say. You don't get to control that I'm afraid.

You also claim that David is difficult to deal with. Well I know who id rather deal with out of the 2 of you.
He's right Andrew. I was a little hasty using the term "friends" - it was more talking terms at opposing branches really I suppose.

I've never known anyone who has needed help with their state of mind Andrew, so I'm not really in a position to detect that sort of thing, but if anything is going to come close, this'd be it for me as most of it isn't making sense. Hopefully that's not the case, as I wouldn't wish that sort of thing on anyone.

P.S. I know exactly what went on with Gecko - I still have the private emails to prove it :)

Anyway, to get back on track, and a Shane,see plug on my part, anyone up north who is popping along to the Home HiFi Show in Harrogate, the LS50 Wireless will be one of the speakers I'll have on demo, along with a UK first - the Convert Technologies Nucleus digital streamer with HDD (and bigger brothers).

insider9

davidf said:
Anyway, to get back on track, and a Shane,see plug on my part, anyone up north who is popping along to the Home HiFi Show in Harrogate, the LS50 Wireless will be one of the speakers I'll have on demo, along with a UK first - the Convert Technologies Nucleus digital streamer with HDD (and bigger brothers).
Excellent, really wanted to hear these. Be there Saturday at the very least.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
davidf said:
I was initially dreading doing my first update a while ago, but as soon as I connected my laptop via USB, it was surprisingly plain sailing! That may well have been a begative point for me, but it was a doddle.

Yes the assumption at Kef HQ seems to be that all of their customers possess a laptop, however if you don't... Also worth noting that it took me several hours of searching forums before I even became aware that the things could be firmware updated at all. There is NOTHING in the instruction manual about it whatsoever?

What pickles my noodle is that the bloody things have to be hard wire ethernet attached to the internet in addition to being wireless, so why do you need a PC connected via USB at all. Why can't the app do it?

It is plain as day that the boffins at Kef have designed their hardware isolated in one room with the software people isolated in another. You just wouldn't design a system like this if an integrated approach had been taken.

All too often in the hifi world we make excuses for poor design and implementation in products that can cost as much as a car. I cannot think of any other industry that would survive if it pumped out products that frequently malfunctioned, failed or never worked properly in the first place. I think as a collective we need to stop defending this sort of thing if product quality is ever going to be taken seriously. I will put my soap-box away now...

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Kubs said:
... have you sold your innuos? ;-)

Yes. I have built my own music server which not only runs the same software as the Innuos, but which can also incorporate Dirac Live DSP software, which the Innuos could not...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts