which headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a marantz pm7003 a chord gem dac and a pair of monitor audio rx2's i would like some headphones to use with my current setup can anyone point me in the right direction would the Grado SR325is be overkill

idc

Certainly not. If you are happy with on ear, open backed dynamic headphones, then you cannot do much better
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have noticed the akg k701 headphones are considerably cheaper than the gradios does anyone know from experience how much difference in quality there is between the pair

A

Anonymous

I have just ordered some Grado SR325is will my marantz pm7003 be ok to use with the headphones or should I get a headphone amp

idc

Try the Marantz first. If you are happy with the sound and find that at a sensible volume to your ears you can hear details in a track more clearly with the headphones than with speakers, then you will be fine.

If you find that the sound is muddy rather than bright and there is a lack of dynamics and attack where notes arrive suddenly, then you are not getting the best out of the Grados and you could look at getting a separate amp..

A

Anonymous

Goldring NS1000, £49.99 from Play. Got awarded 5 stars on here when they were at full price.

A

Anonymous

I'm happy to say they sound fantastic and work well with the marantz

A

Anonymous

After a couple of hours of using the headphones with various music I'm finding them a bit bright and harsh can anyone recommend an alternative? would I have the same problem with the akg? I can send them back monday

idc

If you are looking at getting the K701/2 instead (the same headphone driver, the style and cable is the only real difference) then almost certainly not. Compared to the Grados you will find the AKGs drier, more detailed again and with a big midrange that does not have the bass depth or treble brightness (the forward attacking sound) of the Grados.

I would give the Grados a further listen over the weekend first. Headphone/speaker burn in is a bit of a myth, but it can take you a while to get used to a sound style of a new product. However, don't over do it as I see no point in getting used to a sound that really, you don't like.

A

Anonymous

I have had a further listen but have decided they are not for me where should I look for a less bright headphone because that is the only thing I have a problem with. I found them uncomfortably bright with some music however you say the akg's are less bright but share some similar attributes.

A

Anonymous

the new quincy jones AKG's are supposed to sound great. give them a swing

A

Anonymous

beyerdynamic dt880 or Sennheiser HD650 anyone had any experience with either one of those headphones?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts