Which connection on my amp for the DAC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I am not new to the HiFi game but things seem to have moved on significantly since I purchased my system around 12 years ago. I'm hoping to develop my system in the coming months starting with a DACMagic purchased off the Bay. Sorry for the questions on my first post but I'm hoping to be around for a while on this forum to offer advice as well as to hear your opinions.

My first question is which input on my Cambridge Audio A500 amp would be best suited to the dac? I'm currently using a CA D100 with a TCI Coral optical lead to the DAC then using CA studio reference leads to the amp to improve on the on onboard dac of the CDP.

Thanks

Lee

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Bottrill, welcome to the forums. Generally speaking, all rca (red and white) inputs on an amp sound the same, just like all xlr inputs on an amp will sound the same. XLR inputs might sound better than RCA inputs however, but I doubt your amp has one. If the amp has a phono stage built in then you should not use the phono input on the amp unless you are connecting a turntable. So feel free to plug your amp into any rca input you fancy.

TRENDING THREADS