Which color Dynaudio Excite X32

A

Anonymous

If it must be black, just save the $ and take the ash black, but it's your decision, or the one who must be obeyed :)

A

Anonymous

May I ask how much is it in the UK? I really loved the Dynaudio but with their retail almost equivalent to GBP2000 here, the competition is very high....

A

Anonymous

Ah yeah my answer is Black Ash....... I almost have to wear glove everytime I handle my auditioning pair of Classic 3

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I saw the red, yellow and green Regas on eBay a few weeks back going for good prices...... Couldn't persuade The Wife on these though.:shame: :)

A

Anonymous

Not that often I admit, especially if you are owning one. They do catch those small small tiny scratch (I don't know which word to use)

At the end of the day, I think it is up to the OP which one you like, which one you think you will see everyday and think your speakers are still beautiful. It's up to you.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris said:
I saw the red, yellow and green Regas on eBay a few weeks back going for good prices...... Couldn't persuade The Wife on these though.:shame: :)

Actually, I really want to get the Arros in Red also but damn, going for almost twice with the custom colour, I just couldn't bring myself to it.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:

I was a bit dubious to be honest when I ordered mine (not off ebay), but the red really does match so well with the black.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the Glossy Black Excite X36 for an extremely short time. Now a friend of mine has the X36 in Palisander.

I had B&W CM9 in Piano Gloss Black for longer time. It is a nightmare to get rid of the dust, fingerprints.

If I were to chose again the color I will go for the Black Ask. Save the change for cables or something nice!

Glossy Red is a different discussion altogether as the color speaks louder than the sound! And with proper co-ordination it could be a big advantage.

John Duncan

Ooo...

large_1649.jpg

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:

Exactly! With magnetic grills on CM9, there are no holes on the front which is kind of nice. but both excite 32 & 36 will have the holes if the grills are not attached and that is already an ey soar :( Be prepared for regular cleaning if glossy black is what you chose..

Personally I always liked real wood veneer :)

John Duncan

Depends. I hink I probably prefer piano black to the walnut of my PMCs, but it's a close run thing. I just think Black Ash has had its day (though tbf the EB1s look good in a kind of 'shoe polished' black ash...).

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Depends. I hink I probably prefer piano black to the walnut of my PMCs, but it's a close run thing. I just think Black Ash has had its day (though tbf the EB1s look good in a kind of 'shoe polished' black ash...).

Walnut on PMC is great! I love the real wood veneer. It puzzles me, when there is only one wooden component in the entire HiFi chain from Source onwards, how can one not want a real wood veneer on it :?

Horses for courses.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
The gloss ones have a stiffer cabinet structure plus the laquer itself has dampening properties which otherwise would be difficult to achieve and no doubt, very expensive.

Black ash and any un-laquered real wood veneers actually accelerate cabinet vibration over a small part of the band, the result being high frequency smearing unless the cabinet is reverse veneered with a silicon/silver polymer glue for Audio applications, itself expensive and derived from NASA experiments (aborted because the ceramic shuttle plating kept falling off when rolling out of hangars due to large temperature variations) The process is not used by many manufacturers.

... actually, I can't think of any at the moment.

All well documented of course.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts