Which Cables?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm not far from having my cinema room ready now. I'm getting Samsung UE46C8000, Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blue Ray, Onkyo TXSR608 Receiver & B&W MT30.

Only thing i need to get now is the cables? what are the best for the above kit? I will only need a 1 metre cable from the receiver to the TV and probably half meter cables for the rest and then the speaker cables would require 2/3 metres for the front speakers, 6/7 metres for the rears and 4 metres for the subs.

I've been to a few stores and i get different feedback with a little bias to certain brands, one reccomended custom cables? any good? another reccomended 1.3 saying they are compliant for 3d tv. I want 1.4, just want to know which are the best to go for?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that, what about for the sub and speakers?

A

Anonymous

That link doesn't seem to work?

I'm not right up with all the tech when it comes to Home Cinema's but I'm slowly learning, i was advised to possibly get a Optical Audio Cable in addition purely for the Audio return, would anyone else have any idea on this?

A

Anonymous

Looking on the HD Zone on Amazon which the Bigboss man recommended there is a 2M Optical cable too (Premium Gold Range), is this worth getting for the Audio return or on Optical Cables should i be more fussy and be looking for the top tested cables?

A

Anonymous

Right good stuff, so any advice on the speaker cable and cable for the sub?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorted the link out sorry.

Does your sub have LFE input ? in which case if it has you just need the one lead

Front & centre speaker cable just go for the best you can reasonably afford ( bi-wire is better if its within budget & speakers take it )& its ok to have slightly cheaper cable for the rears

A

Anonymous

andyryan03:Right good stuff, so any advice on the speaker cable and cable for the sub?

Chord carnival for speakers and QED performance for subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

I was looking at the Chord carnival actually so thats ideal and i'll have a look around for the QED cable. Thanks for the advice in general from everyone. saved me a few quid and given me a little peace of mind!

just need the builder to crack on now so i can get it all in and installed and up and running!!

Got my lazyboy's ordered but i reckon i'll be sitting on my bean bags instead by the time they turn up!! :(

I've just seen Samsung have launched a 63" 3D TV now and a new 3D blue ray typically, think that would be pushing the budget a little too far and thats too big for a small room!

Are Samsung still doing the free 3D starter kit for new purchases?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts